“Shattered Angel” — From left, standing, are Jim Mills, George Lyon, and Art Wilks with Louis Dulak seated (portraying Jean Gianini); in background is Steve Kocuba. (Photo submitted)
Historical society collaborates on ‘Shattered Angel’ performance
ILION — “Shattered Angel,” a play based on the true story of Jean Gianini and the murder of Lida Beecher, will be performed at Ilion Little Theatre, Remington Avenue in collaboration with the Herkimer County Historical Society on Sept. 14-16 and 20-23.
The Thursday, Friday and Saturday performances are at 7:30 p.m. and the Sunday matinee is at 2 p.m.
Tickets are $15, $10 for students, and are available from the Historical Society, 406 N. Main St., Herkimer, open Monday-Friday, 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. They will also be available at the door for each performance at the Ilion Little Theatre, Remington Ave., Ilion.
Gianini, a boy of 16 years, was accused of murdering his former schoolteacher Lida Beecher on the night of March 27, 1914 in the village of Poland. For the first time, psychological tests of intelligence were admitted into court and played a major role in his defense. Step back in time and see the trial and story unfold before your eyes and you determine if he is guilty of first degree murder or not.
For more information, call 315-866-6413 or go online to www.herkimercountyhistory.org.
Documentary offers ‘food for thought’
Cinema presents Academy Award contender from Denmark
- 4:00pm 11/15/18Documentary offers ‘food for thought’
- 4:00pm 11/15/18Cinema presents Academy Award contender from Denmark
- 4:00pm 11/15/1815th Annual MV Latino Association Gala Saturday
- 4:00pm 11/15/18Irish music session Tuesday
- 4:00pm 11/15/18Clinton to kick off Shoppers’ Stroll and Holiday Parade Nov. 23-24
- 4:00pm 11/15/18Charity beer, wine tasting Nov. 30
- 4:00pm 11/15/18Visit Hamilton for the Holidays
- 4:00pm 11/14/18Upcoming events at MWPAI include quartet concert, Victorian Yuletide
- 4:00pm 11/13/18"Overloard" is the nightmare after Halloween that makes dreams come true
- 4:00pm 11/08/18Reggae and soul at Hamilton’s Palace