ACCLAIMED SHORT FILM — “Conversation with a Cigarette” will screen opening night at the Hamilton International Film Festival at 7 p.m. on Monday at the Colgate Inn: Rathskeller.
Hamilton International Film Festival starts Monday
HAMILTON —The short film “Conversation with a Cigarette” will screen opening night at the Hamilton International Film Festival at 7 p.m. on Monday, July 23 at the Colgate Inn: Rathskeller.
“Conversation with a Cigarette” tells the story of a man who faces his greatest enemy: a cigarette. The film stars British actor Ian Hart who plays the roles of both the Smoker and the Cigarette. The film has earned the Tampa Bay Arts Education Network Laurel of Excellence, the Houston International Film Festival Silver Remi Award Experimental and was a finalist for Best Editing at Red Dirt Film Festival. It has also been included in the curriculum of the Bryn Mawr Film Institute Course on Short Films.
Filmmaker Russell Brown’s body of work includes four narrative features, a full-length documentary and a number of narrative and documentary shorts. His resume includes “Annie and the Gypsy,” “Karen Black: On Acting,” “Mama Laura’s Boys,” “Reality USA” and “Everyone Who Hears This Story Gets Laid.” He is also preparing for a feature film and developing a television series produced by Kerry Barden.
Rock the Cap benefit Saturday
Documentary tells the story of triplets separated at birth
- 4:00pm 08/18/18Kenwood Library hosts Gold Rush Day
- 4:00pm 08/17/18Rock the Cap benefit Saturday
- 4:00pm 08/17/18Free cabaret at Stanley to feature high school students
- 4:00pm 08/16/18Documentary tells the story of triplets separated at birth
- 4:00pm 08/16/18Final performance of the summer for Boonville Concert Band
- 4:00pm 08/16/18View hosts Sweetback Sisters
- 4:00pm 08/16/18Three showings for Fright Night at Cinema Capitol
- 4:00pm 08/16/18Dan Vellone performs Friday
- 4:00pm 08/16/18Nina’s Brew performs tonight
- 4:00pm 08/16/18Irish music session Tuesday