Molsky’s Mountain Drifters — The bluegrass band will perform Friday, Sept. 21 at 7:30 p.m. at Hamilton College. (Photo submitted)
Hamilton College hosts Molsky’s Mountain Drifters Sept. 21
CLINTON — Hamilton College Performing Arts will present an evening of traditional music with Molsky’s Mountain Drifters on Friday, Sept. 21 at 7:30 p.m. in Wellin Hall, Schambach Center.
Tickets for the event are $20 for adults, $15 for senior citizens, and $5 for students. All seating is general admission. Tickets are available by calling the box office at 315-859-4331 or visiting www.hamilton.edu/performingarts.
Grammy-nominated fiddler Molsky will return to Hamilton with a brand-new trio featuring Allison de Groot, banjo, and Stash Wyslouch, guitar, for an evening of traditional music described by the musicians as “tradition steeped in possibility.”
Mother Jones calls Molsky, “one of America’s premier fiddling talents,” while de Groot combines wide-ranging virtuosity and passion for old-time music, and Boston-based Wyslouch is one of bluegrass’ great young genre-bending pioneers.
Documentary offers ‘food for thought’
Cinema presents Academy Award contender from Denmark
- 4:00pm 11/15/18Documentary offers ‘food for thought’
- 4:00pm 11/15/18Cinema presents Academy Award contender from Denmark
- 4:00pm 11/15/1815th Annual MV Latino Association Gala Saturday
- 4:00pm 11/15/18Irish music session Tuesday
- 4:00pm 11/15/18Clinton to kick off Shoppers’ Stroll and Holiday Parade Nov. 23-24
- 4:00pm 11/15/18Charity beer, wine tasting Nov. 30
- 4:00pm 11/15/18Visit Hamilton for the Holidays
- 4:00pm 11/14/18Upcoming events at MWPAI include quartet concert, Victorian Yuletide
- 4:00pm 11/13/18"Overloard" is the nightmare after Halloween that makes dreams come true
- 4:00pm 11/08/18Reggae and soul at Hamilton’s Palace