Gryphon Trio (Photo submitted)
Gryphon Trio performs Sunday
UTICA — Toronto’s Gryphon Trio will open the 78th season of the Chamber Music Society of Utica on Sunday, Oct. 21, at 2:30 p.m. at Munson-Williams-Proctor Arts Institute.
The program includes Haydn’s Trio in E-flat major, XV:29; Brahms’ Piano Trio in C minor, Op. 101, No. 3; and Mendelssohn’s Piano Trio in C minor, Op. 66.
Immediately following the concert, the audience is invited to meet the artists at the traditional season-opening reception at Fountain Elms.
Tickets will be available at the door and cost $20, $10 for students with ID. Please note that seating in the MWPAI auditorium is first come-first served. For more information, call 315-507-3597 or 315-794-9741.
More on the trio from the Chamber Music Society of Utica:
Celebrating its 25th anniversary this season, the Gryphon Trio has impressed international audiences with its highly refined, dynamic performances and has firmly established itself as one of the world’s preeminent piano trios.
The award-winning ensemble—Annalee Patipatanakoon, violin; Roman Borys, cello; and Jamie Parker, piano—performs repertoire that ranges from the traditional to the contemporary and from European classicism to modern-day multimedia. The Gryphons are committed to redefining chamber music for the 21st century.
Los Angeles Times noted “This is a piano trio that plays with strength and unanimity… big, bold, almost orchestral performances.”
The Trio tours regularly throughout North America and Europe and their 20 recordings are an encyclopedia of works for the genre.
They have commissioned over 75 new works, and regularly collaborate on projects that push the boundaries of chamber music.
Honors include two Juno Awards for Classical Album of the Year, and the prestigious 2013 Walter Carsen Prize for Excellence in the Performing Arts from the Canada Council for the Arts.
For more information on the Gryphon Trio, see their website: www.gryphontrio.com.
On the net:
Upcoming events at MWPAI include quartet concert, Victorian Yuletide
Reggae and soul at Hamilton’s Palace
- 4:00pm 11/14/18Upcoming events at MWPAI include quartet concert, Victorian Yuletide
- 4:00pm 11/13/18"Overloard" is the nightmare after Halloween that makes dreams come true
- 4:00pm 11/08/18Reggae and soul at Hamilton’s Palace
- 4:00pm 11/08/18Piccininni, Delaney perform Saturday
- 4:00pm 11/08/18Kiwanis craft fair this weekend
- 4:00pm 11/08/18Film depicts later years of writer Oscar Wilde
- 4:00pm 11/08/18Veterans Day dinner Sunday
- 4:00pm 11/08/18Phoenix and Reilly star in Western
- 4:00pm 11/08/18Air Force Heritage of America band plays Monday
- 4:00pm 11/08/18Baskets Galore event aids Holy Cross Academy