Ralph Lalama (Photo submitted)
Grammy winner plays in Jazz Series Saturday
The 2017 Jazz Series continues at the Rome Art and Community Center ArtHouse Café, Saturday, April 22, with three-time Grammy winner Ralph Lalama. Doors open at 7 for the 7:30 p.m. show.
Tickets are $20 ($18 member) or seniors $14 ($12 senior member). Pro-rated tickets are also available for the remainder of the series.
“A solid fixture of the New York jazz scene and respected world-wide, Ralph Lalama embodies the best of the jazz sound ideal – great time, great swing, expressed through great melodic ideas,” said RACC Executive Director Gerald Deis.
Lalama is a three-time Grammy winner through his work in the Joe Lovano Nonet and the Vanguard Jazz Orchestra. He has nine CDs out as a leader and is on more than 60 recordings as a sideman.
Ralph Lalama’s playing reveals an enormous depth of musical heart and knowledge. With his muscular, free-wheeling sound and masterful ability to tell a story through his horn, one understands why he so thoroughly connects with musicians, students and listeners alike, Deis said.
Hathaway comedy playing two weeks
Cornmeal at KAC’s Rocking Roadhouse
- 4:00pm 04/27/17Hathaway comedy playing two weeks
- 4:00pm 04/27/17Cornmeal at KAC’s Rocking Roadhouse
- 4:00pm 04/27/17Les Brers ‘Unplugged’ at Unity Hall May 6
- 4:00pm 04/27/17JT Hall Jazzz Consort performs in ArtHouse Saturday
- 4:00pm 04/27/17Black Tie takes stage in Ilion starting May 5
- 4:00pm 04/27/17Area happenings
- 4:00pm 04/26/1740th anniversary concert Sunday
- 4:00pm 04/22/17Lasagna dinner aids roofing fund
- 4:00pm 04/21/17Polish Horror Musical on screen in Out After Midnight
- 4:00pm 04/20/17‘Trainspotting’ cast returns in sequel