Ralph Lalama (Photo submitted)
Grammy winner plays in Jazz Series Saturday
The 2017 Jazz Series continues at the Rome Art and Community Center ArtHouse Café, Saturday, April 22, with three-time Grammy winner Ralph Lalama. Doors open at 7 for the 7:30 p.m. show.
Tickets are $20 ($18 member) or seniors $14 ($12 senior member). Pro-rated tickets are also available for the remainder of the series.
“A solid fixture of the New York jazz scene and respected world-wide, Ralph Lalama embodies the best of the jazz sound ideal – great time, great swing, expressed through great melodic ideas,” said RACC Executive Director Gerald Deis.
Lalama is a three-time Grammy winner through his work in the Joe Lovano Nonet and the Vanguard Jazz Orchestra. He has nine CDs out as a leader and is on more than 60 recordings as a sideman.
Ralph Lalama’s playing reveals an enormous depth of musical heart and knowledge. With his muscular, free-wheeling sound and masterful ability to tell a story through his horn, one understands why he so thoroughly connects with musicians, students and listeners alike, Deis said.
1933’s ‘King Kong’ at Capitol Theatre Saturday
Film explores the life of Itzhak Perlman
- 4:00pm 04/26/181933’s ‘King Kong’ at Capitol Theatre Saturday
- 4:00pm 04/26/18Film explores the life of Itzhak Perlman
- 4:00pm 04/26/18Cinema continues Fri(ght)Day Night series
- 4:00pm 04/26/18Joaquin Phoenix stars in thriller
- 4:00pm 04/26/18Remsen Performing and Visual Arts Center starts season with 3 day event
- 4:00pm 04/26/18Spring concerts at Hamilton College Friday, Saturday
- 4:00pm 04/25/18Genesis Group to host Taste of the Mohawk Valley on May 3
- 4:00pm 04/25/18B Sharp Music Club performs Sunday
- 4:00pm 04/20/18Oriskany Central School Ski & Snowboard Club to hold Book Fair
- 4:00pm 04/19/18Spektral Quartet to perform at Hamilton College April 21