Ralph Lalama (Photo submitted)
Grammy winner plays in Jazz Series Saturday
The 2017 Jazz Series continues at the Rome Art and Community Center ArtHouse Café, Saturday, April 22, with three-time Grammy winner Ralph Lalama. Doors open at 7 for the 7:30 p.m. show.
Tickets are $20 ($18 member) or seniors $14 ($12 senior member). Pro-rated tickets are also available for the remainder of the series.
“A solid fixture of the New York jazz scene and respected world-wide, Ralph Lalama embodies the best of the jazz sound ideal – great time, great swing, expressed through great melodic ideas,” said RACC Executive Director Gerald Deis.
Lalama is a three-time Grammy winner through his work in the Joe Lovano Nonet and the Vanguard Jazz Orchestra. He has nine CDs out as a leader and is on more than 60 recordings as a sideman.
Ralph Lalama’s playing reveals an enormous depth of musical heart and knowledge. With his muscular, free-wheeling sound and masterful ability to tell a story through his horn, one understands why he so thoroughly connects with musicians, students and listeners alike, Deis said.
Area dancers shine in The Nutcracker
Van Gogh biopic first painted feature film
- 11:57am 12/09/17Area dancers shine in The Nutcracker
- 4:00pm 12/07/17Van Gogh biopic first painted feature film
- 4:00pm 12/07/17Carell, Cranston star in Linklater drama
- 4:00pm 12/07/17Opus Black performs at Oneida library
- 4:00pm 12/07/17Christmas in the City event Dec. 8-9
- 4:00pm 12/07/17Light Up the Night at Stanley Theatre Friday
- 4:00pm 12/07/17‘Out After Midnite’ presents stop motion films
- 4:00pm 12/07/17Victorian Christmas event Dec. 10 in Oneida
- 4:00pm 12/07/17Symphoria performs Handel’s ‘Messiah’ Saturday
- 4:00pm 12/07/17Christmas in the Place of Nettles event Sunday