Gibson Brothers perform Jan. 26
CLINTON — The Gibson Brothers’ brand of bluegrass will be at Kirkland Art Center, 9 1/2 E. Park Row, on Friday, Jan. 26 at 7:30 p.m.
Tickets are available online on the Kirkland Art Center Facebook page, at www.kacny.org, and over the phone.
Tickets are $28, $25 for members. For more information, visit www.kacny.org, or call our Business Office at 315-853-8871. Office hours are 9 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., Tuesday through Friday.
Known for their mix of heritage and soaring harmony, making them the premier brother duet of the genre, The Gibson Brothers follow in the footsteps of legendary brother acts such as the Stanley Brothers, Jim & Jesse, and the Osborne Brothers. Their first album of entirely original songs, In The Ground, sees the Gibson Brothers take on their own roots as the sixth generation of Gibsons to grow up on their family farm.
The two-time International Music Association Entertainers of the Year follow up their five-times nominated tribute to brother harmonies, Brotherhood, with this latest effort, which digs deeper into their commitment to family and their history. The themes come from the farm, their childhood, and the region in which they were raised.
Featuring celebrated, award-winning dobro player Rob Ickes, In The Ground reaches into new territory for the Gibson Brothers as they reflect on their past.
Comedy-drama stars Farmiga at Cinema Capitol
‘Broadway Meets Opera’ at View Aug. 16
- 4:00pm 08/10/18Capitolfest 16 underway today at Capitol Theatre
- 4:00pm 08/10/18Luke Bryan tickets on sale
- 4:00pm 08/09/18Comedy-drama stars Farmiga at Cinema Capitol
- 4:00pm 08/09/18Unity Hall presents free video
- 4:00pm 08/09/18‘Broadway Meets Opera’ at View Aug. 16
- 4:00pm 08/09/18Film schedule for Capitolfest 16 at Capitol Theatre
- 4:00pm 08/09/18Documentary explores the discovery of rare film in ‘Saving Brinton’
- 4:00pm 08/09/18Capitol Theatre to host Letters From Home
- 4:00pm 08/08/18KROCK to host free concert Saturday
- 4:00pm 08/08/18Lydia Houser performs Sunday at Fiddlers’ Hall of Fame