Gibson Brothers perform Jan. 26
CLINTON — The Gibson Brothers’ brand of bluegrass will be at Kirkland Art Center, 9 1/2 E. Park Row, on Friday, Jan. 26 at 7:30 p.m.
Tickets are available online on the Kirkland Art Center Facebook page, at www.kacny.org, and over the phone.
Tickets are $28, $25 for members. For more information, visit www.kacny.org, or call our Business Office at 315-853-8871. Office hours are 9 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., Tuesday through Friday.
Known for their mix of heritage and soaring harmony, making them the premier brother duet of the genre, The Gibson Brothers follow in the footsteps of legendary brother acts such as the Stanley Brothers, Jim & Jesse, and the Osborne Brothers. Their first album of entirely original songs, In The Ground, sees the Gibson Brothers take on their own roots as the sixth generation of Gibsons to grow up on their family farm.
The two-time International Music Association Entertainers of the Year follow up their five-times nominated tribute to brother harmonies, Brotherhood, with this latest effort, which digs deeper into their commitment to family and their history. The themes come from the farm, their childhood, and the region in which they were raised.
Featuring celebrated, award-winning dobro player Rob Ickes, In The Ground reaches into new territory for the Gibson Brothers as they reflect on their past.
Cinema continues anime series with ‘Kiki’s Delivery Service’
Cinema screens documentary exploring the life of Ruth Bader Ginsburg
- 4:00pm 05/17/18Cinema continues anime series with ‘Kiki’s Delivery Service’
- 4:00pm 05/17/18Cinema screens documentary exploring the life of Ruth Bader Ginsburg
- 4:00pm 05/17/18Mayfaire on the Green returns to Holland Patent for 8th year
- 4:00pm 05/17/18KAC Spring Dance event Saturday in Clinton
- 4:00pm 05/17/18Limited screenings of sci-fi horror movie
- 4:00pm 05/17/18Bluegrass Music Festival May 19
- 4:00pm 05/17/18Woodwind trio performs Sunday
- 4:00pm 05/17/18Capitol offers auditions for SummerStage Sunday
- 4:00pm 05/17/18Final performance in RACC concert series May 25
- 4:00pm 05/12/18Moss Back Mule Band closes Trinity’s spring series May 19