Ghost hunting event benefits Landmarks Society
The Landmarks Society of Greater Utica, 3 Rutger Park, Rutger St., is holding two fundraising events 8:30-11:30 p.m. on Saturday. Join other paranormal enthusiasts who are eager to learn about supernatural findings that have been discovered over the years at the Historic Rutger Mansions.
The Rome Investigators of the Paranormal (RIP) will answer questions from the audience and share stories about strange sightings at the mansions. Participants will be able to use ghost hunting equipment to search for “past residents” of these historic buildings.
The cost is $40, with all proceeds going to benefit the Landmarks Society of Greater Utica.
Tickets can be purchased online through RIP’s website at www.romeparanormal.com on the special events page. Tickets can also be purchased by calling 315-794-5961. No physical tickets will be printed; purchases will include names being put on a master list.
This year patrons will also have the opportunity to visit The Mis-Adventures of Lord Halifax Warburton Escape Room. It’s 1899 and the dawn of a new century. Queen Vitoria is in a frantic panic as her long time secret admirer Lord Halifax Warburton has gone missing. Enlisting the help of Major Inverness Cramhampton, Lord Warburton’s oldest acquaintance and fellow soldier, has searched the Empire high and low without luck. He is now calling upon the smartest and brightest minds in the world to help him find the whereabouts of Lord Warburton.
Are you keen enough to solve the diabolical clues left behind to help return Lord Warburton to Queen Victoria. Are you up to the challenge of helping out for Queen and Country? A separate admission fee of $10 is required for the escape room. The escape room is from 3:30 to 7:30 p.m., with games starting every 30 minutes. Additional information may be obtained at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Rock the Cap benefit Saturday
Documentary tells the story of triplets separated at birth
- 4:00pm 08/18/18Kenwood Library hosts Gold Rush Day
- 4:00pm 08/17/18Rock the Cap benefit Saturday
- 4:00pm 08/17/18Free cabaret at Stanley to feature high school students
- 4:00pm 08/16/18Documentary tells the story of triplets separated at birth
- 4:00pm 08/16/18Final performance of the summer for Boonville Concert Band
- 4:00pm 08/16/18View hosts Sweetback Sisters
- 4:00pm 08/16/18Three showings for Fright Night at Cinema Capitol
- 4:00pm 08/16/18Dan Vellone performs Friday
- 4:00pm 08/16/18Nina’s Brew performs tonight
- 4:00pm 08/16/18Irish music session Tuesday