Gambetta returns to KAC
CLINTON — Beppe Gambetta returns to the Kirkland Art Center at 8 p.m. Friday, March 24.
Tickets, available at www.kacny.org, are $20 ($18 KAC members) for he show or $45 ($43 KAC members) for dinner and the show.
The KAC Coffeehouse concert “will be an intriguing journey through the multifaceted artistic world of Beppe Gambetta, a synthesis of the itineraries of his life, spent between his birth-place Genova, Europe and the United States, where he currently resides,” coffeehouse officials said.
Beppe is a renowned guitarist, singer, composer, researcher who loves to tell stories about his journeys “with a peculiar sense of humor and irony.” Beppe shows in his performances a new and unique approach to the acoustic guitar, a style that he developed in a career of 40 years of travelling, meeting with masters of many cultures, researching old forgotten traditions, performing for audiences of different Continents.
Starting from the early studies of his American mentor Doc Watson, Beppe brought his flatpicking approach to a more modern development of plectrum guitar style, based on complex strumming, cross-picking and the use of open tunings.
The program will focus on new original compositions inspired from the traditions as well as revival pieces from his main projects of research about European and American music. The concert will be dedicated to songs and ballads in different languages spiced with new acoustic guitar arrangements, along with inspirations from encounters with folk icon Pete Seeger, and more.
The Kirkland Art Center has paired, once again, with Across the Row Bistro to offer a dinner and show package. Chef Brian has created a special meal for the evening, and the package includes reserved seating for the show!
On the net: www.kacny.org
Magnarelli, Tsuruga in ArtHouse Saturday
Drama set in Britain in 1940
- 4:00pm 05/19/17Magnarelli, Tsuruga in ArtHouse Saturday
- 4:00pm 05/19/17Sherrill Farmers’ Market Tuesdays
- 4:00pm 05/18/17Pre-Boilermaker show ticket sales due
- 4:00pm 05/18/17Festival Saturday features 10 bands honoring Al Nathan
- 4:00pm 05/18/17Free B Sharp concert in Utica May 21
- 4:00pm 05/18/17Magnarelli/Tsuruga Quartet at CNY Jazz Sunday
- 4:00pm 05/18/17Shakespeare play director sought
- 4:00pm 05/18/17Glimmerglass picks Owens as artistic adviser
- 4:00pm 05/18/17Area happenings
- 4:00pm 05/17/17Open Mic session Thursday