Gambetta returns to KAC
CLINTON — Beppe Gambetta returns to the Kirkland Art Center at 8 p.m. Friday, March 24.
Tickets, available at www.kacny.org, are $20 ($18 KAC members) for he show or $45 ($43 KAC members) for dinner and the show.
The KAC Coffeehouse concert “will be an intriguing journey through the multifaceted artistic world of Beppe Gambetta, a synthesis of the itineraries of his life, spent between his birth-place Genova, Europe and the United States, where he currently resides,” coffeehouse officials said.
Beppe is a renowned guitarist, singer, composer, researcher who loves to tell stories about his journeys “with a peculiar sense of humor and irony.” Beppe shows in his performances a new and unique approach to the acoustic guitar, a style that he developed in a career of 40 years of travelling, meeting with masters of many cultures, researching old forgotten traditions, performing for audiences of different Continents.
Starting from the early studies of his American mentor Doc Watson, Beppe brought his flatpicking approach to a more modern development of plectrum guitar style, based on complex strumming, cross-picking and the use of open tunings.
The program will focus on new original compositions inspired from the traditions as well as revival pieces from his main projects of research about European and American music. The concert will be dedicated to songs and ballads in different languages spiced with new acoustic guitar arrangements, along with inspirations from encounters with folk icon Pete Seeger, and more.
The Kirkland Art Center has paired, once again, with Across the Row Bistro to offer a dinner and show package. Chef Brian has created a special meal for the evening, and the package includes reserved seating for the show!
On the net: www.kacny.org
Copper City Brewery hosts Tom Petty tribute band Saturday
Drama features architecture of Columbus, Ind.
- 4:00pm 10/19/17Hogwarts at Hamilton event Oct. 27 and 28
- 4:00pm 10/19/17Copper City Brewery hosts Tom Petty tribute band Saturday
- 4:00pm 10/19/17Drama features architecture of Columbus, Ind.
- 4:00pm 10/19/17Rising Stars presents ‘15 Miles on the Erie Canal’ Sunday
- 4:00pm 10/19/17Kenny G performs at The Stanley Nov. 5
- 4:00pm 10/19/17Chamber Music Society presents Trio con Brio Copenhagen
- 4:00pm 10/19/17CNY Zombie Prom aids Kallet
- 4:00pm 10/19/17Stanley hosts ‘A Gentleman’s Guide to Love & Murder’
- 4:00pm 10/19/17Jazzin’ It Up at the Other Side Friday
- 4:00pm 10/19/17F.I.L.M. series kicks-off with tribute to David Shepard