Gambetta returns to KAC
CLINTON — Beppe Gambetta returns to the Kirkland Art Center at 8 p.m. Friday, March 24.
Tickets, available at www.kacny.org, are $20 ($18 KAC members) for he show or $45 ($43 KAC members) for dinner and the show.
The KAC Coffeehouse concert “will be an intriguing journey through the multifaceted artistic world of Beppe Gambetta, a synthesis of the itineraries of his life, spent between his birth-place Genova, Europe and the United States, where he currently resides,” coffeehouse officials said.
Beppe is a renowned guitarist, singer, composer, researcher who loves to tell stories about his journeys “with a peculiar sense of humor and irony.” Beppe shows in his performances a new and unique approach to the acoustic guitar, a style that he developed in a career of 40 years of travelling, meeting with masters of many cultures, researching old forgotten traditions, performing for audiences of different Continents.
Starting from the early studies of his American mentor Doc Watson, Beppe brought his flatpicking approach to a more modern development of plectrum guitar style, based on complex strumming, cross-picking and the use of open tunings.
The program will focus on new original compositions inspired from the traditions as well as revival pieces from his main projects of research about European and American music. The concert will be dedicated to songs and ballads in different languages spiced with new acoustic guitar arrangements, along with inspirations from encounters with folk icon Pete Seeger, and more.
The Kirkland Art Center has paired, once again, with Across the Row Bistro to offer a dinner and show package. Chef Brian has created a special meal for the evening, and the package includes reserved seating for the show!
On the net: www.kacny.org
Alliance Classical Players announce summer concerts
Film documents the work of Pope Francis
- 4:00pm 06/15/18RCT Talent Team presents a Night of One Acts Saturday
- 4:00pm 06/14/18Alliance Classical Players announce summer concerts
- 4:00pm 06/14/18Cinema Capitol celebrates Pride Month with ‘The Misandrists’
- 4:00pm 06/14/18Film documents the work of Pope Francis
- 4:00pm 06/14/18Country gospel concert Saturday
- 4:00pm 06/14/18Constable Hall hosts annual Arts & Craft Show, Car Cruise-In June 17
- 4:00pm 06/14/18Irish music session Tuesday
- 4:00pm 06/14/18April Verch Band performs Friday at View
- 4:00pm 06/14/18Cinema continues Studio Ghibli and Miyazaki series
- 4:00pm 06/14/18‘Perry Pareé’ on stage Friday, Saturday in Hamilton