Full Circle, Lepers coming to Players of Utica
Players of Utica, 1108 State St., will continue its 2017 Summer Showcase of original plays with two one-act dramas by Robert Barone — “Full Circle” and “Lepers” — at 7:30 p.m. Friday and Saturday, Aug. 11 and 12, and at 2 p.m. Sunday, Aug. 13.
Tickets are $10 for all seating, with $2 of the sale going directly to the Capital Fund. Tickets may be reserved via credit or debit card online at www.players.ticketderby.com. Players of Utica Theatre – 1108 State Street, Utica NY 13502
In Full Circle, directed by Josh Beckinsale, two women find in an attic a trunk full of theater memorabilia collected by a former drama teacher/director. While sorting through the programs, letters, and other items, the women discover secrets of the past — and reveal startling secrets of their own.
“It’s been a very interesting, but exciting experience,” said Beckinsale of his first solo directorial effort. “I’m pleased with what is being created right before me, and I’m very excited to be able to present such a great show to the community.”
Lepers, directed by Phylicia Gordon, explores the interactions of a small group of women living on the fringes of a dystopian society. Wrapped in bandages and loneliness, they struggle with denial and acceptance of being the unwanted.
“Lepers is really an ensemble piece with an important message,” Gordon said about her debut directing experience with Players. “I’ve found it really satisfying to see the cast grow into their characters as a group. Taking the time to have conversations with the cast that drill down to the core of the play’s meaning sowed some seeds that have grown into a beautiful play.”
Playwright Robert Barone is a Players of Utica Board Member Emeritus, a former president of the organization, and has written several plays that have been produced on the Players stage.
Alliance Classical Players announce summer concerts
Film documents the work of Pope Francis
- 4:00pm 06/15/18RCT Talent Team presents a Night of One Acts Saturday
- 4:00pm 06/14/18Alliance Classical Players announce summer concerts
- 4:00pm 06/14/18Cinema Capitol celebrates Pride Month with ‘The Misandrists’
- 4:00pm 06/14/18Film documents the work of Pope Francis
- 4:00pm 06/14/18Country gospel concert Saturday
- 4:00pm 06/14/18Constable Hall hosts annual Arts & Craft Show, Car Cruise-In June 17
- 4:00pm 06/14/18Irish music session Tuesday
- 4:00pm 06/14/18April Verch Band performs Friday at View
- 4:00pm 06/14/18Cinema continues Studio Ghibli and Miyazaki series
- 4:00pm 06/14/18‘Perry Pareé’ on stage Friday, Saturday in Hamilton