Full Circle, Lepers coming to Players of Utica
Players of Utica, 1108 State St., will continue its 2017 Summer Showcase of original plays with two one-act dramas by Robert Barone — “Full Circle” and “Lepers” — at 7:30 p.m. Friday and Saturday, Aug. 11 and 12, and at 2 p.m. Sunday, Aug. 13.
Tickets are $10 for all seating, with $2 of the sale going directly to the Capital Fund. Tickets may be reserved via credit or debit card online at www.players.ticketderby.com. Players of Utica Theatre – 1108 State Street, Utica NY 13502
In Full Circle, directed by Josh Beckinsale, two women find in an attic a trunk full of theater memorabilia collected by a former drama teacher/director. While sorting through the programs, letters, and other items, the women discover secrets of the past — and reveal startling secrets of their own.
“It’s been a very interesting, but exciting experience,” said Beckinsale of his first solo directorial effort. “I’m pleased with what is being created right before me, and I’m very excited to be able to present such a great show to the community.”
Lepers, directed by Phylicia Gordon, explores the interactions of a small group of women living on the fringes of a dystopian society. Wrapped in bandages and loneliness, they struggle with denial and acceptance of being the unwanted.
“Lepers is really an ensemble piece with an important message,” Gordon said about her debut directing experience with Players. “I’ve found it really satisfying to see the cast grow into their characters as a group. Taking the time to have conversations with the cast that drill down to the core of the play’s meaning sowed some seeds that have grown into a beautiful play.”
Playwright Robert Barone is a Players of Utica Board Member Emeritus, a former president of the organization, and has written several plays that have been produced on the Players stage.
Cinema Capitol screens French drama
Tickets on sale for Kenny G at the Stanley
- 4:00pm 08/17/17Cinema Capitol screens French drama
- 4:00pm 08/17/17Tickets on sale for Kenny G at the Stanley
- 4:00pm 08/17/17The Mammals perform at View Saturday
- 4:00pm 08/17/17Area happenings
- 4:00pm 08/17/17Movies announced for Costner film fest this weekend
- 4:00pm 08/17/17Boonville Concert Band gives final performance of the summer Friday
- 4:00pm 08/17/17Night of dinner and dancing benefits animal shelter
- 4:00pm 08/17/17Unity Hall hosts jazz musician Dion Abraham Saturday
- 4:00pm 08/17/1712th annual Latino festival Aug. 20 in Utica
- 4:00pm 08/17/17Theater troupe performs ‘The Last Romance’ in Old Forge