“Gamera: The Giant Monster”
Free monster movie in the Capitol courtyard Sunday
Rome Capitol Theatre will present an outdoor screening of the 1965 Japanese sci-fi monster movie, “Gamera: The Giant Monster” at 7:30 p.m. Sunday, Sept. 10.
The movie will be shown in the courtyard behind the Cinema Capitol building at 230 W. Dominick St., and patrons should enter through the front doors of the Cinema Capitol.
Those attending are encouraged bring their own seating — lawn chairs are recommended — and should also consider bringing blankets. In the event of rain, the show will be moved into the Cinema Capitol auditorium. Doors will open at 7 p.m.
There is no charge for the movie, although donations for The Capitol will be accepted. Concessions will be on sale in the Cinema Capitol lobby. Additional information is available at 315-337-6453.
Directed by Noriaki Yuasa, the plot of “Gamera: The Giant Monster” is set in motion when an aircraft from an unidentified country is shot down by American forces and crashes, causing a nuclear explosion. The explosion releases a huge, prehistoric monster, Gamera — a giant fire-breathing turtle that escapes into the sea and terrorizes the world.
The top-billed human star in Gamera is noted Japanese actor Eiji Funakoshi. Gamera, which was inspired by Toho’s Godzilla series, became a popular series for the Daiei studios. The film runs 78 minutes and will be preceded by selected short subjects. Gamera will be shown in its original Japanese version with English subtitles.
French drama highlights dances by acclaimed choreographer
Kannapolis: A Moving Portrait concert Friday
- 4:00pm 09/21/17Country singer to perform at MVCC
- 4:00pm 09/21/17Concert postponed
- 4:00pm 09/21/17French drama highlights dances by acclaimed choreographer
- 4:00pm 09/21/17Kannapolis: A Moving Portrait concert Friday
- 4:00pm 09/21/17‘Out After Midnight’ with ‘The Villainess’
- 4:00pm 09/21/17Neal Caine and the Danny Sinoff Quintet perform Saturday
- 4:00pm 09/21/17Old Tyme Fiddlers’ hosts end of the season party Sunday
- 4:00pm 09/21/17Hamilton College screens award-winning film by alumnus
- 4:00pm 09/21/17‘Where’s Molly?’ screens in Cazenovia Sept. 27
- 4:00pm 09/21/17Ladies Night Out event Sept. 28