Free concert at Colgate Sunday
HAMILTON — The Colgate University Chorus and Chamber Singers present their spring choral concert under the baton of Dr. R. Ryan Endris, Assistant Professor of Music and Director of Choral and Vocal Activities.
The free, public concert is Sunday, April 23, at 3:30 p.m. in the Colgate Memorial Chapel.
The choral ensemble will present “Music of the Americas” in preparation for its upcoming concert tour of Colombia. The concert will feature a cappella works of Latin American and United States composers, including those of Carlos Chávez, Aaron Copland, Alberto Ginastera, and Howard Hanson.
R. Ryan Endris serves as Director of Choral and Vocal Activities at Colgate University. He is in high demand as a clinician and conductor, having conducted choirs and workshops throughout the U.S., and internationally in Austria, Colombia, Czech Republic, Greece, Hungary, and Slovakia. Dr. Endris holds master of music and doctor of music degrees in choral conducting from the Indiana University Jacobs School of Music.
The University Chorus is a large, mixed-voice ensemble that performs a broad range of traditional choral literature, often with an accompanying orchestra comprised of professional instrumentalists from the faculty and regional orchestras.
The Chamber Singers is a select student choral ensemble that specializes in the performance of a cappella choral music at the highest level.
The Chamber Singers, which numbers between 12 and 24 singers, performs a broad range of musical repertoire, from music of the Renaissance, to African-American spirituals, to music composed in the 21st century.
For more information, or a 2016/2017 Concert Calendar, call Lorraine Joseph, Concert Manager, Department of Music, Colgate University at (315) 228-7642.
Cinema screens Oscar nominated foreign language film
Zombie inspired ‘Romeo and Juliet’ starts March 2 at Colgate
- 4:00pm 02/24/18MVCC reschedules VanderWaal concert
- 4:00pm 02/24/18Second annual Kristin’s Fund Gala scheduled for March 10
- 4:00pm 02/22/18Cinema screens Oscar nominated foreign language film
- 4:00pm 02/22/18Zombie inspired ‘Romeo and Juliet’ starts March 2 at Colgate
- 4:00pm 02/22/18Australian pop group on stage March 1
- 4:00pm 02/22/18Meryl Streep, Tom Hanks star in ‘Best Picture’ contender ‘The Post’
- 4:00pm 02/22/18Classical trio performs Friday
- 4:00pm 02/22/18Out After Midnite pick depicts consequences of digital age
- 4:00pm 02/21/18Art center hosts ‘Mélange’ exhibit reception Saturday
- 4:00pm 02/15/18Acclaimed teen pianist performs Sunday at Colgate