Free concert at Colgate Sunday
HAMILTON — The Colgate University Chorus and Chamber Singers present their spring choral concert under the baton of Dr. R. Ryan Endris, Assistant Professor of Music and Director of Choral and Vocal Activities.
The free, public concert is Sunday, April 23, at 3:30 p.m. in the Colgate Memorial Chapel.
The choral ensemble will present “Music of the Americas” in preparation for its upcoming concert tour of Colombia. The concert will feature a cappella works of Latin American and United States composers, including those of Carlos Chávez, Aaron Copland, Alberto Ginastera, and Howard Hanson.
R. Ryan Endris serves as Director of Choral and Vocal Activities at Colgate University. He is in high demand as a clinician and conductor, having conducted choirs and workshops throughout the U.S., and internationally in Austria, Colombia, Czech Republic, Greece, Hungary, and Slovakia. Dr. Endris holds master of music and doctor of music degrees in choral conducting from the Indiana University Jacobs School of Music.
The University Chorus is a large, mixed-voice ensemble that performs a broad range of traditional choral literature, often with an accompanying orchestra comprised of professional instrumentalists from the faculty and regional orchestras.
The Chamber Singers is a select student choral ensemble that specializes in the performance of a cappella choral music at the highest level.
The Chamber Singers, which numbers between 12 and 24 singers, performs a broad range of musical repertoire, from music of the Renaissance, to African-American spirituals, to music composed in the 21st century.
For more information, or a 2016/2017 Concert Calendar, call Lorraine Joseph, Concert Manager, Department of Music, Colgate University at (315) 228-7642.
Alliance Classical Players announce summer concerts
Film documents the work of Pope Francis
- 4:00pm 06/15/18RCT Talent Team presents a Night of One Acts Saturday
- 4:00pm 06/14/18Alliance Classical Players announce summer concerts
- 4:00pm 06/14/18Cinema Capitol celebrates Pride Month with ‘The Misandrists’
- 4:00pm 06/14/18Film documents the work of Pope Francis
- 4:00pm 06/14/18Country gospel concert Saturday
- 4:00pm 06/14/18Constable Hall hosts annual Arts & Craft Show, Car Cruise-In June 17
- 4:00pm 06/14/18Irish music session Tuesday
- 4:00pm 06/14/18April Verch Band performs Friday at View
- 4:00pm 06/14/18Cinema continues Studio Ghibli and Miyazaki series
- 4:00pm 06/14/18‘Perry Pareé’ on stage Friday, Saturday in Hamilton