The crowd assembled for the original “Miracle of Fatima” on Oct. 13, 1917.
Film at Capitol Theatre marks 100th anniversary of Miracle of Fatima
A presentation of the movie “The 13th Day” will be held at 7 p.m. on Friday at the Capitol Theatre, 220 W. Dominick St.
In 1917 three shepherd children at the Cova da Iria, in Fátima, Portugal, reported seeing a series of religious visions. The children were arrested and taken into custody (though later released) by local authorities who believed their claims were politically motivated.
Word spread that the Virgin Mary would appear at the Cova da Iria on Oct. 13 and those in attendance would witness a miracle.
The movie, produced and directed by Dominic and Ian Higgins, depicts these events. It will be shown at the Capitol Theatre on the 100th anniversary of the event, now commonly known as “The Miracle of Fatima.”
A prayer to the rosary will take place in the theater at 6:30, for those who wish to participate.
Immediately following the movie, attendees will be invited to engage in a candlelight procession from the theater to St. Mary’s/St. Peter’s Catholic Church at 105 E. Liberty St. (two blocks from the theater). At the church there will be song and benediction.
Admission for the event is $10, $5 for children 12 and under. Tickets are available at the door.
MVCC hosts 15th annual Uticon Sept. 23
Family Favorites Series features Disney classic
- 4:00pm 09/15/18MVCC hosts 15th annual Uticon Sept. 23
- 4:00pm 09/14/18MWPAI to host regional premiere screening of ‘We the Animals’
- 4:00pm 09/13/18Family Favorites Series features Disney classic
- 4:00pm 09/13/18Drama based upon the novel ‘The Bookshop’
- 4:00pm 09/13/18Hamilton College hosts Molsky’s Mountain Drifters Sept. 21
- 4:00pm 09/13/18Open Mic Night at Players of Utica
- 4:00pm 09/13/18Historical society collaborates on ‘Shattered Angel’ performance
- 4:00pm 09/13/18Tickets on sale for Chris Botti concert at Stanley
- 4:00pm 09/13/18Lava at Turning Stone hosts Ja Rule, Ginuwine, Bone Thugs-n-Harmony
- 4:00pm 09/13/18City Fiddle Band performance Sunday