The crowd assembled for the original “Miracle of Fatima” on Oct. 13, 1917.
Film at Capitol Theatre marks 100th anniversary of Miracle of Fatima
A presentation of the movie “The 13th Day” will be held at 7 p.m. on Friday at the Capitol Theatre, 220 W. Dominick St.
In 1917 three shepherd children at the Cova da Iria, in Fátima, Portugal, reported seeing a series of religious visions. The children were arrested and taken into custody (though later released) by local authorities who believed their claims were politically motivated.
Word spread that the Virgin Mary would appear at the Cova da Iria on Oct. 13 and those in attendance would witness a miracle.
The movie, produced and directed by Dominic and Ian Higgins, depicts these events. It will be shown at the Capitol Theatre on the 100th anniversary of the event, now commonly known as “The Miracle of Fatima.”
A prayer to the rosary will take place in the theater at 6:30, for those who wish to participate.
Immediately following the movie, attendees will be invited to engage in a candlelight procession from the theater to St. Mary’s/St. Peter’s Catholic Church at 105 E. Liberty St. (two blocks from the theater). At the church there will be song and benediction.
Admission for the event is $10, $5 for children 12 and under. Tickets are available at the door.
Cinema screens Oscar nominated foreign language film
Zombie inspired ‘Romeo and Juliet’ starts March 2 at Colgate
- 4:00pm 02/24/18MVCC reschedules VanderWaal concert
- 4:00pm 02/24/18Second annual Kristin’s Fund Gala scheduled for March 10
- 4:00pm 02/22/18Cinema screens Oscar nominated foreign language film
- 4:00pm 02/22/18Zombie inspired ‘Romeo and Juliet’ starts March 2 at Colgate
- 4:00pm 02/22/18Australian pop group on stage March 1
- 4:00pm 02/22/18Meryl Streep, Tom Hanks star in ‘Best Picture’ contender ‘The Post’
- 4:00pm 02/22/18Classical trio performs Friday
- 4:00pm 02/22/18Out After Midnite pick depicts consequences of digital age
- 4:00pm 02/21/18Art center hosts ‘Mélange’ exhibit reception Saturday
- 4:00pm 02/15/18Acclaimed teen pianist performs Sunday at Colgate