Festival of Lights concert Sunday at Unity Hall
BARNEVELD — The Unity Hall Foundation will present its annual Festival of Lights holiday concert at 3 p.m. on Sunday Dec. 10. This year’s show will feature the Holland Patent High School Select Treble Chorus conducted by Russell Ritzel.
Also performing will be the Generations Chorus. This group is comprised of a range of people of all ages hailing from as far away as the Syracuse area, and locally from Remsen, Barneveld, Steuben, Boonville, Stittville, Holland Patent and Floyd. Director Peter Carentz hails from Barneveld and was exposed to Handel’s “Messiah” at an early age. Accompanist Susan Bartholomew lives in Remsen. She was an organist at the Remsen United Methodist Church for 20 years and plays the Casavant organ at the First Presbyterian Church in Ilion as well as accompanying the chorus at Remsen Central School. The chorus will be showcasing some Christmas favorites as well as selections from Handel’s “Messiah.”
Closing out the show will be locals Dan Evans and Pete Ruben.
The public is invited and admission is free. Unity Hall is located at 101 Vanderkamp Ave.
Alliance Classical Players announce summer concerts
Film documents the work of Pope Francis
- 4:00pm 06/15/18RCT Talent Team presents a Night of One Acts Saturday
- 4:00pm 06/14/18Alliance Classical Players announce summer concerts
- 4:00pm 06/14/18Cinema Capitol celebrates Pride Month with ‘The Misandrists’
- 4:00pm 06/14/18Film documents the work of Pope Francis
- 4:00pm 06/14/18Country gospel concert Saturday
- 4:00pm 06/14/18Constable Hall hosts annual Arts & Craft Show, Car Cruise-In June 17
- 4:00pm 06/14/18Irish music session Tuesday
- 4:00pm 06/14/18April Verch Band performs Friday at View
- 4:00pm 06/14/18Cinema continues Studio Ghibli and Miyazaki series
- 4:00pm 06/14/18‘Perry Pareé’ on stage Friday, Saturday in Hamilton