‘Evening of Absurd’ starts tonight
The Mohawk Valley Community College Arts and Theatre Program and Drama Club will present a production of “What Does It All Mean? An Evening of the Absurd” at 7:30 p.m. tonight-Friday, April 19-21, on the Schafer Theater stage, Information Technology Building, at MVCC’s Utica Campus. Admission is $5, $2 for MVCC employees, and free for MVCC students.
The production, directed by MVCC Associate Professor Paul Cruskie, will feature two one-act plays, “The Lesson” and “The New Tenant,” by Romanian-born French playwright Eugene Ionesco, who helped inaugurate the Theatre of the Absurd. In “The Lesson” (1951), an elderly professor and his young female student experience what must certainly be the most bizarre lesson in the history of pedagogy. “The New Tenant” (1955) is a play about a man overwhelmed by objects.
Tickets for all Cultural Series events can be purchased in-person at the MVCC Box Office, Information Technology Building Room 106, from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Monday-Friday, and at the Utica Campus Bookstore and the Rome Campus Student Services Center; online any time at www.mvcc.edu/tickets; or by calling 315-731-5721.
Cultural Series events include concerts, comedians, lectures, film screenings and discussions, workshops, family fun events, and more. The series can be followed on Facebook at “MVCC Cultural Series.” See www.mvcc.edu/culture .
Fiddlers Association concert Sunday
Donations accepted Friday at ‘Big Combo’ showing
- 4:00pm 06/22/17Fiddlers Association concert Sunday
- 4:00pm 06/22/17Summer Showcase auditions June 26, 27 at Players of Utica
- 4:00pm 06/22/17Donations accepted Friday at ‘Big Combo’ showing
- 4:00pm 06/22/17‘Apparition Hill’ about life and what comes after
- 4:00pm 06/22/17Trail Blazers-Jammers baseball game benefit for Relay for Life
- 4:00pm 06/22/17Drama based on Doctorow story
- 4:00pm 06/22/17Both movies held over at Cinema Capitol
- 4:00pm 06/21/17Theaters of Rome program Friday at First Prebyterian
- 4:00pm 06/21/17Catherine Bennett’s art on display at Kallet
- 9:17am 06/19/17Irish music in Oriskany Tuesday