‘Evening of Absurd’ starts tonight
The Mohawk Valley Community College Arts and Theatre Program and Drama Club will present a production of “What Does It All Mean? An Evening of the Absurd” at 7:30 p.m. tonight-Friday, April 19-21, on the Schafer Theater stage, Information Technology Building, at MVCC’s Utica Campus. Admission is $5, $2 for MVCC employees, and free for MVCC students.
The production, directed by MVCC Associate Professor Paul Cruskie, will feature two one-act plays, “The Lesson” and “The New Tenant,” by Romanian-born French playwright Eugene Ionesco, who helped inaugurate the Theatre of the Absurd. In “The Lesson” (1951), an elderly professor and his young female student experience what must certainly be the most bizarre lesson in the history of pedagogy. “The New Tenant” (1955) is a play about a man overwhelmed by objects.
Tickets for all Cultural Series events can be purchased in-person at the MVCC Box Office, Information Technology Building Room 106, from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Monday-Friday, and at the Utica Campus Bookstore and the Rome Campus Student Services Center; online any time at www.mvcc.edu/tickets; or by calling 315-731-5721.
Cultural Series events include concerts, comedians, lectures, film screenings and discussions, workshops, family fun events, and more. The series can be followed on Facebook at “MVCC Cultural Series.” See www.mvcc.edu/culture .
Alliance Classical Players announce summer concerts
Film documents the work of Pope Francis
- 4:00pm 06/15/18RCT Talent Team presents a Night of One Acts Saturday
- 4:00pm 06/14/18Alliance Classical Players announce summer concerts
- 4:00pm 06/14/18Cinema Capitol celebrates Pride Month with ‘The Misandrists’
- 4:00pm 06/14/18Film documents the work of Pope Francis
- 4:00pm 06/14/18Country gospel concert Saturday
- 4:00pm 06/14/18Constable Hall hosts annual Arts & Craft Show, Car Cruise-In June 17
- 4:00pm 06/14/18Irish music session Tuesday
- 4:00pm 06/14/18April Verch Band performs Friday at View
- 4:00pm 06/14/18Cinema continues Studio Ghibli and Miyazaki series
- 4:00pm 06/14/18‘Perry Pareé’ on stage Friday, Saturday in Hamilton