Earlville Opera House hosts Women of Folk Saturday
An incredible family legacy comes together when the Earlville Opera House presents Women of Folk, featuring Sloan Wainwright, Lucy Wainwright Roche, and Suzzy Roche, July 15 at 8 p.m., sponsored by Preferred Mutual.
Suzzy Roche is a founding member of the singing group The Roches. In addition to recording numerous albums, Roche has written two books, and taught performance at NYU graduate and undergraduate schools and at Princeton University in the Atelier Program. Singer/songwriter Lucy Wainwright Roche, daughter of Loudon Wainwright III and Suzzy Roche and half-sister of Rufus and Martha Wainwright, was born and raised in New York City.
Wainwright Roche spent her formative years traveling with and amongst her large musical family. In 2005 and 2006, she joined brother Rufus on tour to sing backup, and her first, full-length recording, Lucy, arrived in 2010.
The younger sister of witty singer-songwriter Loudon Wainwright III, Sloan Wainwright has taken her own path in building a musical career. With a multi-octave voice and an ability to combine sensitive original songs with unique renditions of songs by Sly and the Family Stone, the Grateful Dead and the Beatles, Wainwright has become one of contemporary folk music’s most promising new artists.
Tickets are $30 general, $25 members, and $15 students/youth, with premiums applying in the first four rows. Doors open at 7:30 p.m. For more information or to purchase tickets, call 315-691-3550 or visit www.earlvilleoperahouse.com. The Opera House is located at 18 East Main Street, in Earlville.
French drama highlights dances by acclaimed choreographer
Kannapolis: A Moving Portrait concert Friday
- 4:00pm 09/23/17WCNY to present ‘The 46ers’
- 4:00pm 09/21/17Country singer to perform at MVCC
- 4:00pm 09/21/17Concert postponed
- 4:00pm 09/21/17French drama highlights dances by acclaimed choreographer
- 4:00pm 09/21/17Kannapolis: A Moving Portrait concert Friday
- 4:00pm 09/21/17‘Out After Midnight’ with ‘The Villainess’
- 4:00pm 09/21/17Neal Caine and the Danny Sinoff Quintet perform Saturday
- 4:00pm 09/21/17Old Tyme Fiddlers’ hosts end of the season party Sunday
- 4:00pm 09/21/17Hamilton College screens award-winning film by alumnus
- 4:00pm 09/21/17‘Where’s Molly?’ screens in Cazenovia Sept. 27