Dust Devil Band concert benefits Unity Hall
BARNEVELD — The Dust Devil Band is reuniting for the annual fundraising concert at 6 p.m. on Sunday at Unity Hall, 101 Vanderkamp Ave.
The Dust Devil Band has been a staple of the music scene in the 70s and 80s; the band rocked just about every venue in the Mohawk Valley and beyond. An anchor at festivals like FUBAR and Full Moon Fest, the Dust Devil Band originated from the “Waylon and Willy” style of Outlaw Country to establish themselves as a formidable force in the regional music scene. The band’s four songwriters added to the group’s repertoire and they emerged with a unique sound which blended blues, southern rock and alternative country, while shying away from mainstream styles.
The band is comprised of George Deveny on lead and slide guitar, Darryl Mattison on drums, Dan Porter on base, Ed Rosenburgh on lead vocals, harmonica and rhythm guitar and George Newton on pedal steel guitar.
E.E. Norris and Nick Piccininni will also perform. Norris is a longtime performer and singer/songwriter and a recent transplant to the local music scene from the New York City area. He will bring his singing, acoustic guitar playing and original tunes to the stage. Norris will be joined by Piccininni on guitar, fiddle, mandolin and banjo. He is a member of the band Floodwood and often plays as a duo with mandolin player Jason Barady.
Tickets for the benefit concert are $12, $10 for Unity Hall Foundation members. Doors open at 5:30 p.m. Tickets are available at www.unityhall.com/tickets.html and locally at the Adirondack Cheese Co., 8190 Route 12, Barneveld.
Rock the Cap benefit Saturday
Documentary tells the story of triplets separated at birth
- 4:00pm 08/18/18Kenwood Library hosts Gold Rush Day
- 4:00pm 08/17/18Rock the Cap benefit Saturday
- 4:00pm 08/17/18Free cabaret at Stanley to feature high school students
- 4:00pm 08/16/18Documentary tells the story of triplets separated at birth
- 4:00pm 08/16/18Final performance of the summer for Boonville Concert Band
- 4:00pm 08/16/18View hosts Sweetback Sisters
- 4:00pm 08/16/18Three showings for Fright Night at Cinema Capitol
- 4:00pm 08/16/18Dan Vellone performs Friday
- 4:00pm 08/16/18Nina’s Brew performs tonight
- 4:00pm 08/16/18Irish music session Tuesday