Dust Devil Band concert benefits Unity Hall
BARNEVELD — The Dust Devil Band is reuniting for the annual fundraising concert at 6 p.m. on Sunday at Unity Hall, 101 Vanderkamp Ave.
The Dust Devil Band has been a staple of the music scene in the 70s and 80s; the band rocked just about every venue in the Mohawk Valley and beyond. An anchor at festivals like FUBAR and Full Moon Fest, the Dust Devil Band originated from the “Waylon and Willy” style of Outlaw Country to establish themselves as a formidable force in the regional music scene. The band’s four songwriters added to the group’s repertoire and they emerged with a unique sound which blended blues, southern rock and alternative country, while shying away from mainstream styles.
The band is comprised of George Deveny on lead and slide guitar, Darryl Mattison on drums, Dan Porter on base, Ed Rosenburgh on lead vocals, harmonica and rhythm guitar and George Newton on pedal steel guitar.
E.E. Norris and Nick Piccininni will also perform. Norris is a longtime performer and singer/songwriter and a recent transplant to the local music scene from the New York City area. He will bring his singing, acoustic guitar playing and original tunes to the stage. Norris will be joined by Piccininni on guitar, fiddle, mandolin and banjo. He is a member of the band Floodwood and often plays as a duo with mandolin player Jason Barady.
Tickets for the benefit concert are $12, $10 for Unity Hall Foundation members. Doors open at 5:30 p.m. Tickets are available at www.unityhall.com/tickets.html and locally at the Adirondack Cheese Co., 8190 Route 12, Barneveld.
Spektral Quartet to perform at Hamilton College April 21
MWPAI Concerts in the Court Hosts Tribute to Jazz Legend
- 4:00pm 04/20/18Oriskany Central School Ski & Snowboard Club to hold Book Fair
- 4:00pm 04/19/18Spektral Quartet to perform at Hamilton College April 21
- 4:00pm 04/19/18MWPAI Concerts in the Court Hosts Tribute to Jazz Legend
- 4:00pm 04/19/18Out After Midnite presents Estonian fantasy
- 4:00pm 04/19/18Dark comedy ‘Death of Stalin’ on Cinema screen
- 4:00pm 04/19/18DuffleBag Theatre presents ‘Little Red Riding Hood’
- 4:00pm 04/19/18Spring Swing concert Sunday at Colgate
- 4:00pm 04/19/18Polish Home hosts spaghetti dinner
- 4:00pm 04/19/18Masterworks Chorale performs with Symphoria
- 4:00pm 04/19/18Singer, Songwriter Showcase April 28