ADAM DRIVER AS PATERSON
Driver stars as bus driver named Paterson in Paterson, N.J.
Cinema Capitol, 230 W. Dominick St., will be presenting the aclaimed drama “Paterson” from March 17-23.
“Paterson”, directed by Jim Jarmusch, is the story of Paterson (Adam Driver), a hardworking bus driver in Paterson, N.J., who follows the same routine every day. He observes the city and listens to fragments of conversations while picking up and dropping off his passengers. Paterson also writes heartfelt poems in a notebook, walks his dog, and drinks one beer in a bar after his shift is over.
Waiting for him at home is his beloved wife Laura (Golshifteh Farahani), who dreams of becoming a country music star and opening a cupcake business, while she also champions Paterson’s gift for writing.
The movie also stars William Jackson Harper, Barry Shabaka Henley, and Rizwan Manji.
Audiences and critics have acclaimed “Paterson” since it premiered at the 2016 Cannes Film Festival, where it received the “Palm Dog Award.”
It has since been awarded “Best Actor (Driver)” at the Los Angles Film Critics Association Awards and the Toronto Film Critics Association Awards, along with being placed among the “Ten Best Films of the Year” by the Boston Online Film Critics Association. The movie has a 96 percent critics rating on Rotten Tomatoes.
The Seattle Times writes that “Driver’s performance as an uncertain man getting through the day-to-day prosaic, quietly buoyed by passion and artistic commitment, is exquisite.”
The Philadelphia Inquirer writes of its director that ““Paterson” is easily one of Jarmusch’s most accomplished films. He portrays the life of the mind and the workings of the creative soul as a kind of secret love affair, a deep, hidden well inside the most ordinary, mundane existence.”
“Paterson” runs 115 minutes and is rated R (for some language).
Admission is $7 for adults and $5 for Capitol Friends and students. Tickets are available at the door and in advance from the Capitol Theatre box office (315-337-6453) and on-line at www.romecapitol.com.
“Paterson” runs every day from March 17-23. Show times are Friday and Saturday at 4 and 7:30, Sunday at 1 and 4, and Monday-Thursday at 7:30. The Friday 4 and Sunday 1 show times will include captions for the hearing impaired.
Alliance Classical Players announce summer concerts
Film documents the work of Pope Francis
- 4:00pm 06/15/18RCT Talent Team presents a Night of One Acts Saturday
- 4:00pm 06/14/18Alliance Classical Players announce summer concerts
- 4:00pm 06/14/18Cinema Capitol celebrates Pride Month with ‘The Misandrists’
- 4:00pm 06/14/18Film documents the work of Pope Francis
- 4:00pm 06/14/18Country gospel concert Saturday
- 4:00pm 06/14/18Constable Hall hosts annual Arts & Craft Show, Car Cruise-In June 17
- 4:00pm 06/14/18Irish music session Tuesday
- 4:00pm 06/14/18April Verch Band performs Friday at View
- 4:00pm 06/14/18Cinema continues Studio Ghibli and Miyazaki series
- 4:00pm 06/14/18‘Perry Pareé’ on stage Friday, Saturday in Hamilton