PUPPY LOVE — Primrose, a puppy training to become a service dog in "Pick of the Litter" (Photo submitted)
‘Dogumentary’ follows quest of puppy litter
Cinema Capitol (230 W. Dominick St.) will present the documentary “Pick of the Litter” from Friday, Sept. 21-Thursday, Sept. 27.
“Pick of the Litter” follows a litter of puppies from the moment they’re born and begin their quest to become guide dogs for the blind. Cameras follow these pups through an intense two-year odyssey as they train to become dogs whose ultimate responsibility is to protect their blind partners from harm.
Along the way, these remarkable animals rely on a community of dedicated individuals who train them to do amazing, life-changing things in the service of their human. The stakes are high and not every dog can make the cut. Only the best of the best. The pick of the litter.
“Pick of the Litter” has received numerous “Audience Awards,” including one each at the 2018 Cinequest San Jose Film Festival, the Newport Beach Film Festival, and the Gasparilla International Film Festival. The movie has a 100% rating on Rotten Tomatoes.
Rogerebert.com writes “‘Pick of the Litter’ affirms the obvious: the world is a much better place with dogs in it,” while the SEATTLE TIMES writes “‘Pick of the Litter’ is earnest and heartwarming, filled with adorable camera-licking and tight closeups of beseeching doggy eyes.”
The film runs 82 minutes and is not rated. Admission is $7, $6 for students and military, and $5 for Capitol Friends. Tickets are available at the door and in advance from the Capitol Theatre box office (315-337-6453) and online at www.romecapitol.com.
Show times are Friday and Saturday at 4 and 7 p.m., Sunday at 1 and 4 p.m., and Monday-Thursday at 7 p.m. The Friday 4 and Sunday 1 show times will include captions for the hearing-impaired.
Folk a guitar coffeehouse concert Friday in Clinton
Gryphon Trio performs Sunday
- 4:00pm 10/20/18Cinema Capitol to host ‘out of this world’ double feature
- 4:00pm 10/18/18Ghost and Toast to premier Saturday at Capitol Theater
- 4:00pm 10/18/18‘Love Loss and What I Wore’ to be performed in Utica
- 4:00pm 10/18/18Folk a guitar coffeehouse concert Friday in Clinton
- 4:00pm 10/18/18Gryphon Trio performs Sunday
- 4:00pm 10/18/18View hosts pancake breakfast, open house
- 4:00pm 10/18/18Cincinnati Creek performs Saturday
- 4:00pm 10/18/18‘Adventures of Tom Sawyer’ opens Oct. 26 at Players of Utica
- 4:00pm 10/18/18Free Big Band concert Sunday
- 4:00pm 10/18/18German Sauerbraten dinner Sunday