Jane Goodall with Brett Morgen, director of “Jane” (Photo submitted)
Documentary explores the life of Jane Goodall
Cinema Capitol will present the biographical documentary “Jane” from Jan. 12-18.
Drawing from over 100 hours of never-before-seen footage that has been tucked away in the National Geographic archives for over 50 years, director Brett Morgen tells the story of Jane, a woman whose chimpanzee research challenged the male-dominated scientific consensus of her time and revolutionized our understanding of the natural world.
Set to a rich orchestral score from legendary composer Philip Glass, the film offers an unprecedented, intimate portrait of Jane Goodall - a trailblazer who defied the odds to become one of the world’s most admired conservationists.
“Jane” was awarded “Best Documentary” at the Chicago Film Critics Association Awards, The Kansas City Film Critics Circle Awards, and The Critics Choice Documentary Awards, and The Houston Film Critics Society Awards. The movie holds a 99% rating on Rotten Tomatoes.
The Toronto Star writes “Goodall has left her mark on the world and this documentary ably and engagingly celebrates that legacy.” The New York Times writes “‘Jane’ will delight those familiar with Ms. Goodall and provide a vibrant introduction for newcomers.”
JANE runs 90 minutes and is rated PG (for thematic elements involving animal behavior, and brief smoking images). Admission is $7, $6 for students and military, and $5 for Capitol Friends. Tickets are available at the door and in advance from the Capitol Theatre box office (315-337-6453) and online at www.romecapitol.com.
Show times are Friday and Saturday at 4:15 and 7:15 p.m., Sundays at 1:15 and 4:15 p.m., and Monday-Thursday at 4:15 and 7:15 p.m. There will be no captioned show times for this movie.
Spektral Quartet to perform at Hamilton College April 21
MWPAI Concerts in the Court Hosts Tribute to Jazz Legend
- 4:00pm 04/20/18Oriskany Central School Ski & Snowboard Club to hold Book Fair
- 4:00pm 04/19/18Spektral Quartet to perform at Hamilton College April 21
- 4:00pm 04/19/18MWPAI Concerts in the Court Hosts Tribute to Jazz Legend
- 4:00pm 04/19/18Out After Midnite presents Estonian fantasy
- 4:00pm 04/19/18Dark comedy ‘Death of Stalin’ on Cinema screen
- 4:00pm 04/19/18DuffleBag Theatre presents ‘Little Red Riding Hood’
- 4:00pm 04/19/18Spring Swing concert Sunday at Colgate
- 4:00pm 04/19/18Polish Home hosts spaghetti dinner
- 4:00pm 04/19/18Masterworks Chorale performs with Symphoria
- 4:00pm 04/19/18Singer, Songwriter Showcase April 28