Craobh Dugan hosts jam session Oct. 17
ORISKANY — Craobh Dugan, the local branch of Comhaltas Ceoltoiri Eireann, holds a traditional Irish music session on Tuesday, Oct. 17, at 7:30 p.m. in Stockdale’s, 103 River St.
The event is held on the third Tuesday of each month. The Session is free and open to all musicians who play acoustic traditional instrument such as fiddle, guitar, pennywhistle, accordion, mandolin, and tenor banjo. Spectators are encouraged to come to listen and enjoy an evening of traditional music.
Irish Sessions have a long tradition in the history of Irish Music. They are usually held in public houses (pubs) and have a format that encourages both listening and playing. The Musicians will play sets of standard Irish tunes in the traditional manner.
Craobh Dugan will also be performing its “Irish and Erie” program at 1 p.m. on Oct. 21 at the Oneida County History Center, 1608 Genesee St., Utica. The performance highlights the Irish contributions to the building of the Erie Canal with stories and songs in a one-hour free program. More info can be found at www.oneidacountyhistory.org.
Copper City Brewery hosts Tom Petty tribute band Saturday
Drama features architecture of Columbus, Ind.
- 4:00pm 10/19/17Hogwarts at Hamilton event Oct. 27 and 28
- 4:00pm 10/19/17Copper City Brewery hosts Tom Petty tribute band Saturday
- 4:00pm 10/19/17Drama features architecture of Columbus, Ind.
- 4:00pm 10/19/17Rising Stars presents ‘15 Miles on the Erie Canal’ Sunday
- 4:00pm 10/19/17Kenny G performs at The Stanley Nov. 5
- 4:00pm 10/19/17Chamber Music Society presents Trio con Brio Copenhagen
- 4:00pm 10/19/17CNY Zombie Prom aids Kallet
- 4:00pm 10/19/17Stanley hosts ‘A Gentleman’s Guide to Love & Murder’
- 4:00pm 10/19/17Jazzin’ It Up at the Other Side Friday
- 4:00pm 10/19/17F.I.L.M. series kicks-off with tribute to David Shepard