Craobh Dugan hosts jam session Oct. 17
ORISKANY — Craobh Dugan, the local branch of Comhaltas Ceoltoiri Eireann, holds a traditional Irish music session on Tuesday, Oct. 17, at 7:30 p.m. in Stockdale’s, 103 River St.
The event is held on the third Tuesday of each month. The Session is free and open to all musicians who play acoustic traditional instrument such as fiddle, guitar, pennywhistle, accordion, mandolin, and tenor banjo. Spectators are encouraged to come to listen and enjoy an evening of traditional music.
Irish Sessions have a long tradition in the history of Irish Music. They are usually held in public houses (pubs) and have a format that encourages both listening and playing. The Musicians will play sets of standard Irish tunes in the traditional manner.
Craobh Dugan will also be performing its “Irish and Erie” program at 1 p.m. on Oct. 21 at the Oneida County History Center, 1608 Genesee St., Utica. The performance highlights the Irish contributions to the building of the Erie Canal with stories and songs in a one-hour free program. More info can be found at www.oneidacountyhistory.org.
Spektral Quartet to perform at Hamilton College April 21
MWPAI Concerts in the Court Hosts Tribute to Jazz Legend
- 4:00pm 04/20/18Oriskany Central School Ski & Snowboard Club to hold Book Fair
- 4:00pm 04/19/18Spektral Quartet to perform at Hamilton College April 21
- 4:00pm 04/19/18MWPAI Concerts in the Court Hosts Tribute to Jazz Legend
- 4:00pm 04/19/18Out After Midnite presents Estonian fantasy
- 4:00pm 04/19/18Dark comedy ‘Death of Stalin’ on Cinema screen
- 4:00pm 04/19/18DuffleBag Theatre presents ‘Little Red Riding Hood’
- 4:00pm 04/19/18Spring Swing concert Sunday at Colgate
- 4:00pm 04/19/18Polish Home hosts spaghetti dinner
- 4:00pm 04/19/18Masterworks Chorale performs with Symphoria
- 4:00pm 04/19/18Singer, Songwriter Showcase April 28