A MATTER OF LIFE AD DEATH — The Rome Community Theater will present “Whodunnit, Darling?” Thursday-Saturday at 7:30 p.m. and Sunday at 2:30 p.m. From left, Josh Beckinsale as Tommy Delbert, Kim Durling as Daffney Cole, Dave Bunker as Martin Lomax, Sophia Mostafa as Vera Lomax, Erik Kenney as Moose Lodge, Tim Huey as Damocles Cole, Ken Blumbert as Tex McKinney. (Sentinel photo by John Clifford)
Comedic murder mystery to take stage at RCT Thursday
The Rome Community Theater, Turin Road, will present “Whodunnit, Darling?” Thursday-Saturday, Feb. 8-10, at 7:30 p.m., and Sunday, Feb. 11, at 2:30 p.m.
Tickets for the show are $15, $10 for ages 18 and under, the theater has announced.
The play is set in the 1930s, the era of the sophisticated sleuth.
“A matter of life and death!” reads the telegram that urgently summons Damocles Cole, gentleman sleuth, to a dude ranch.
It was death — Dam’s client, Horace Crenshaw, has been both stabbed and shot. But Dam notices the telegram was sent after Crenshaw was already dead.
Dam’s ex-wife, Daphne, sent it. They’re divorced because spunky Daph wrote a lurid murder mystery based on one of Dam’s exploits.
She even fashioned her detective hero on him. Dam was not flattered.
She has lured him to the scene of the crime because she desperately needs a little inspiration for a sequel — not to mention she’s still in love with him.
But Dam plays it close to the chest, both with Daphne and the eccentric array of suspects: Lomax, Crenshaw’s partner, whose voluptuous wife, Vera, was making a play for the deceased; Tex, the crusty cowboy owner of the dude ranch, heavily mortgaged to Crenshaw and Lomax; and, not least of all, Tommy Delbert, Crenshaw’s playboy nephew, who admits he hated his uncle’s guts.
Dam wades through clues, alibis, Daphne’s helpful interference and a meddling country sheriff, Elmo “Moose” Lodge, with his own theories.
The Rome Community Theater production is directed by Laurie Marshall.
The cast of “Whodunnit, Darling?” includes:
• Tim Huey as Damocle Cole;
• Ken Blumberg as Tex McKinney;
• Kim Darling as Daphne Cole;
• Erik Kenney as Moose Lodge;
• Josh Beckinsale as Tommy Delbert;
• Dave Bunker as Martin Lomax; and
• Sophia Mostafa as Vera Lomax.
Barbara Seaton is producing, with Eryn Kenny working as stage manager.
For additional information about the production or the Rome Community Theater, go online to the organization’s website at www.romecommunitytheater.org.
Rock the Cap benefit Saturday
Documentary tells the story of triplets separated at birth
- 4:00pm 08/18/18Kenwood Library hosts Gold Rush Day
- 4:00pm 08/17/18Rock the Cap benefit Saturday
- 4:00pm 08/17/18Free cabaret at Stanley to feature high school students
- 4:00pm 08/16/18Documentary tells the story of triplets separated at birth
- 4:00pm 08/16/18Final performance of the summer for Boonville Concert Band
- 4:00pm 08/16/18View hosts Sweetback Sisters
- 4:00pm 08/16/18Three showings for Fright Night at Cinema Capitol
- 4:00pm 08/16/18Dan Vellone performs Friday
- 4:00pm 08/16/18Nina’s Brew performs tonight
- 4:00pm 08/16/18Irish music session Tuesday