A MATTER OF LIFE AD DEATH — The Rome Community Theater will present “Whodunnit, Darling?” Thursday-Saturday at 7:30 p.m. and Sunday at 2:30 p.m. From left, Josh Beckinsale as Tommy Delbert, Kim Durling as Daffney Cole, Dave Bunker as Martin Lomax, Sophia Mostafa as Vera Lomax, Erik Kenney as Moose Lodge, Tim Huey as Damocles Cole, Ken Blumbert as Tex McKinney. (Sentinel photo by John Clifford)
Comedic murder mystery to take stage at RCT Thursday
The Rome Community Theater, Turin Road, will present “Whodunnit, Darling?” Thursday-Saturday, Feb. 8-10, at 7:30 p.m., and Sunday, Feb. 11, at 2:30 p.m.
Tickets for the show are $15, $10 for ages 18 and under, the theater has announced.
The play is set in the 1930s, the era of the sophisticated sleuth.
“A matter of life and death!” reads the telegram that urgently summons Damocles Cole, gentleman sleuth, to a dude ranch.
It was death — Dam’s client, Horace Crenshaw, has been both stabbed and shot. But Dam notices the telegram was sent after Crenshaw was already dead.
Dam’s ex-wife, Daphne, sent it. They’re divorced because spunky Daph wrote a lurid murder mystery based on one of Dam’s exploits.
She even fashioned her detective hero on him. Dam was not flattered.
She has lured him to the scene of the crime because she desperately needs a little inspiration for a sequel — not to mention she’s still in love with him.
But Dam plays it close to the chest, both with Daphne and the eccentric array of suspects: Lomax, Crenshaw’s partner, whose voluptuous wife, Vera, was making a play for the deceased; Tex, the crusty cowboy owner of the dude ranch, heavily mortgaged to Crenshaw and Lomax; and, not least of all, Tommy Delbert, Crenshaw’s playboy nephew, who admits he hated his uncle’s guts.
Dam wades through clues, alibis, Daphne’s helpful interference and a meddling country sheriff, Elmo “Moose” Lodge, with his own theories.
The Rome Community Theater production is directed by Laurie Marshall.
The cast of “Whodunnit, Darling?” includes:
• Tim Huey as Damocle Cole;
• Ken Blumberg as Tex McKinney;
• Kim Darling as Daphne Cole;
• Erik Kenney as Moose Lodge;
• Josh Beckinsale as Tommy Delbert;
• Dave Bunker as Martin Lomax; and
• Sophia Mostafa as Vera Lomax.
Barbara Seaton is producing, with Eryn Kenny working as stage manager.
For additional information about the production or the Rome Community Theater, go online to the organization’s website at www.romecommunitytheater.org.
Reggae and soul at Hamilton’s Palace
Piccininni, Delaney perform Saturday
- 4:00pm 11/13/18"Overloard" is the nightmare after Halloween that makes dreams come true
- 4:00pm 11/08/18Reggae and soul at Hamilton’s Palace
- 4:00pm 11/08/18Piccininni, Delaney perform Saturday
- 4:00pm 11/08/18Kiwanis craft fair this weekend
- 4:00pm 11/08/18Film depicts later years of writer Oscar Wilde
- 4:00pm 11/08/18Veterans Day dinner Sunday
- 4:00pm 11/08/18Phoenix and Reilly star in Western
- 4:00pm 11/08/18Air Force Heritage of America band plays Monday
- 4:00pm 11/08/18Baskets Galore event aids Holy Cross Academy
- 4:00pm 11/08/18Utica College presents musical ‘Cabaret’ starting tonight