classical trio — David Finckel, Wu Han and Philip Setzer (Photo submitted)
Classical trio performs Friday
CLINTON — Hamilton College Performing Arts presents the classical trio David Finckel, Wu Han and Philip Setzer at 7:30 p.m. on Friday, Feb. 23, in Wellin Hall, Schambach Center.
Finckel (cello) and Han (piano) have been called the “power couple of chamber music,” by the Wall Street Journal. They are joined by Emerson String Quartet founder Philip Setzer (violin) for an evening of Beethoven’s Trio in E-flat major, op.97 (“Archduke”), and Schubert’s Trio in E-flat major, op.100.
In 2012, Finckel and Han were the recipients of Musical America’s 2012 Musicians of the Year award.
Setzer is a founding member of the Emerson String Quartet, which has received nine Grammy Awards, three Gramophone Awards and the Avery Fisher Prize, and has performed cycles of the complete Beethoven, Bartók and Shostakovich string quartets in the world’s musical capitals, from New York to Vienna.
Tickets are $20, $15 for senior citizens and Hamilton employees and $5 for students. All seating is general admission. For tickets or information, call the box office at 315-859-4331 or visit www.hamilton.edu/performingarts.
Easter Bunny helps Lainey’s Army March 24
Drama depicts actress in her later years
- 4:00pm 03/19/18Tickets available for 31st annual Epicurean Delight
- 4:00pm 03/15/18Easter Bunny helps Lainey’s Army March 24
- 4:00pm 03/15/18Drama depicts actress in her later years
- 4:00pm 03/15/18Dakota Fanning stars in ‘Please Stand By’
- 4:00pm 03/15/18Rattlin’ Bog performs Saturday
- 4:00pm 03/15/18Bluegrass jam Saturday
- 4:00pm 03/15/18Joseph Daley Tuba Trio performs Saturday
- 4:00pm 03/15/18Legion hosts St. Patrick’s Day event
- 4:00pm 03/15/18Pre-Easter fun day March 24
- 4:00pm 03/15/18Bunny Cares event Sunday