classical trio — David Finckel, Wu Han and Philip Setzer (Photo submitted)
Classical trio performs Friday
CLINTON — Hamilton College Performing Arts presents the classical trio David Finckel, Wu Han and Philip Setzer at 7:30 p.m. on Friday, Feb. 23, in Wellin Hall, Schambach Center.
Finckel (cello) and Han (piano) have been called the “power couple of chamber music,” by the Wall Street Journal. They are joined by Emerson String Quartet founder Philip Setzer (violin) for an evening of Beethoven’s Trio in E-flat major, op.97 (“Archduke”), and Schubert’s Trio in E-flat major, op.100.
In 2012, Finckel and Han were the recipients of Musical America’s 2012 Musicians of the Year award.
Setzer is a founding member of the Emerson String Quartet, which has received nine Grammy Awards, three Gramophone Awards and the Avery Fisher Prize, and has performed cycles of the complete Beethoven, Bartók and Shostakovich string quartets in the world’s musical capitals, from New York to Vienna.
Tickets are $20, $15 for senior citizens and Hamilton employees and $5 for students. All seating is general admission. For tickets or information, call the box office at 315-859-4331 or visit www.hamilton.edu/performingarts.
Utica Summer Fest start tonight
Levitt Music Series starts June 25 in Utica
- 4:00pm 06/23/18Clinton Symphony Orchestra presents West Side Story with Charles Schneider July 1
- 4:00pm 06/21/18Utica Summer Fest start tonight
- 4:00pm 06/21/18Levitt Music Series starts June 25 in Utica
- 4:00pm 06/21/18Movie depicts real life art heist
- 4:00pm 06/21/18‘Tuesdays with Morrie’ on stage Sunday
- 4:00pm 06/21/18Benefit concert features The BBC Band
- 4:00pm 06/21/18Betsy Concert Series returns June 28
- 4:00pm 06/21/18Mirren and Sutherland star in comedy-drama
- 4:00pm 06/21/18Schneider give talk on ‘West Side Story’ Wednesday
- 4:00pm 06/15/18RCT Talent Team presents a Night of One Acts Saturday