classical trio — David Finckel, Wu Han and Philip Setzer (Photo submitted)
Classical trio performs Friday
CLINTON — Hamilton College Performing Arts presents the classical trio David Finckel, Wu Han and Philip Setzer at 7:30 p.m. on Friday, Feb. 23, in Wellin Hall, Schambach Center.
Finckel (cello) and Han (piano) have been called the “power couple of chamber music,” by the Wall Street Journal. They are joined by Emerson String Quartet founder Philip Setzer (violin) for an evening of Beethoven’s Trio in E-flat major, op.97 (“Archduke”), and Schubert’s Trio in E-flat major, op.100.
In 2012, Finckel and Han were the recipients of Musical America’s 2012 Musicians of the Year award.
Setzer is a founding member of the Emerson String Quartet, which has received nine Grammy Awards, three Gramophone Awards and the Avery Fisher Prize, and has performed cycles of the complete Beethoven, Bartók and Shostakovich string quartets in the world’s musical capitals, from New York to Vienna.
Tickets are $20, $15 for senior citizens and Hamilton employees and $5 for students. All seating is general admission. For tickets or information, call the box office at 315-859-4331 or visit www.hamilton.edu/performingarts.
MVCC to present Emmy Award winning actor ‘One Love: An Evening with John Leguizamo’ Sept. 29
‘Dirty Rotten Scoundrels’ starts RCT season
- 4:00pm 09/22/18Flashlight tours part of First Friday fun
- 4:00pm 09/20/18MVCC to present Emmy Award winning actor ‘One Love: An Evening with John Leguizamo’ Sept. 29
- 4:00pm 09/20/18‘Dirty Rotten Scoundrels’ starts RCT season
- 4:00pm 09/20/18‘Dogumentary’ follows quest of puppy litter
- 4:00pm 09/20/18Jankiewicz performs Sunday
- 4:00pm 09/20/18CNY Royalty and Rogues Festival comes to Stittville
- 4:00pm 09/20/18Capitol screens ‘Bad Reputation’ Wednesday
- 4:00pm 09/20/18Film ‘Bel Canto’ features voice of singer Renée Fleming
- 4:00pm 09/20/18Peter, Paul and George perform Saturday in Oneida
- 4:00pm 09/20/18Opera ‘The Falling and the Rising’ Sunday at View