City Fiddle Band performance Sunday
VILLAGE OF OSCEOLA — City Fiddle Band — the husband and wife team of Phil and Gretchen Banaszak, plus multi-talented performer Chris Panfil — will offer a blend of acoustic traditional and original music from 2-5 p.m. Sunday, Sept. 16 at the North American Fiddlers’ Hall of Fame and Museum, 1121 Comins Road.
One of Western New York’s best-known fiddlers, Banaszak is a former state Fiddle Champion and was inducted into the North American Fiddlers’ Hall of Fame in 2005. A founding member of City Fiddle, Banaszak also performs with the Canal Street String Band, the Creek Bend Band and the Buffalo Bluegrass All-Star Band.
He is Instrumental Department Chairman at the Buffalo’s Community Music School, where he teaches fiddle and mandolin. Banaszak also serves on the Board of Directors of the Old Time Music Association and has published a book and CD of original neo-traditional fiddle music.
Gretchen Banaszak began violin studies in fourth grade and later attended the New England Conservatory of Music. She holds a special affinity for Celtic and early American traditions and regularly performs at Living History events at Old Fort Niagara, and at Civil War reenactments across western New York. She also serves on the Board of Directors of the New York State Old Tyme Fiddlers Association.
Versatile singer-songwriter and instrumentalist Panfil balances vocals with mandolin, fiddle, guitar, harmonica and Irish Banjo. A Buffalo Music Hall of Fame inductee, Panfil has appeared with several popular bands and folk, country and bluegrass acts from New York to Florida.
Concertgoers are also invited to visit the Fiddlers’ Hall of Fame and Museum, and purchase refreshments from the Fiddlers’ Kitchen, while their children enjoy the new playground sandbox, toys, and swings.
The concert and parking are free and all the facilities are handicapped accessible and enclosable in bad weather.
For directions, visit www.nysotfa.com or call 315-599-7009 and leave a message.
MVCC hosts 15th annual Uticon Sept. 23
Family Favorites Series features Disney classic
- 4:00pm 09/15/18MVCC hosts 15th annual Uticon Sept. 23
- 4:00pm 09/14/18MWPAI to host regional premiere screening of ‘We the Animals’
- 4:00pm 09/13/18Family Favorites Series features Disney classic
- 4:00pm 09/13/18Drama based upon the novel ‘The Bookshop’
- 4:00pm 09/13/18Hamilton College hosts Molsky’s Mountain Drifters Sept. 21
- 4:00pm 09/13/18Open Mic Night at Players of Utica
- 4:00pm 09/13/18Historical society collaborates on ‘Shattered Angel’ performance
- 4:00pm 09/13/18Tickets on sale for Chris Botti concert at Stanley
- 4:00pm 09/13/18Lava at Turning Stone hosts Ja Rule, Ginuwine, Bone Thugs-n-Harmony
- 4:00pm 09/13/18City Fiddle Band performance Sunday