City Fiddle Band performance Sunday
VILLAGE OF OSCEOLA — City Fiddle Band — the husband and wife team of Phil and Gretchen Banaszak, plus multi-talented performer Chris Panfil — will offer a blend of acoustic traditional and original music from 2-5 p.m. Sunday, Sept. 16 at the North American Fiddlers’ Hall of Fame and Museum, 1121 Comins Road.
One of Western New York’s best-known fiddlers, Banaszak is a former state Fiddle Champion and was inducted into the North American Fiddlers’ Hall of Fame in 2005. A founding member of City Fiddle, Banaszak also performs with the Canal Street String Band, the Creek Bend Band and the Buffalo Bluegrass All-Star Band.
He is Instrumental Department Chairman at the Buffalo’s Community Music School, where he teaches fiddle and mandolin. Banaszak also serves on the Board of Directors of the Old Time Music Association and has published a book and CD of original neo-traditional fiddle music.
Gretchen Banaszak began violin studies in fourth grade and later attended the New England Conservatory of Music. She holds a special affinity for Celtic and early American traditions and regularly performs at Living History events at Old Fort Niagara, and at Civil War reenactments across western New York. She also serves on the Board of Directors of the New York State Old Tyme Fiddlers Association.
Versatile singer-songwriter and instrumentalist Panfil balances vocals with mandolin, fiddle, guitar, harmonica and Irish Banjo. A Buffalo Music Hall of Fame inductee, Panfil has appeared with several popular bands and folk, country and bluegrass acts from New York to Florida.
Concertgoers are also invited to visit the Fiddlers’ Hall of Fame and Museum, and purchase refreshments from the Fiddlers’ Kitchen, while their children enjoy the new playground sandbox, toys, and swings.
The concert and parking are free and all the facilities are handicapped accessible and enclosable in bad weather.
For directions, visit www.nysotfa.com or call 315-599-7009 and leave a message.
Documentary offers ‘food for thought’
Cinema presents Academy Award contender from Denmark
- 4:00pm 11/15/18Documentary offers ‘food for thought’
- 4:00pm 11/15/18Cinema presents Academy Award contender from Denmark
- 4:00pm 11/15/1815th Annual MV Latino Association Gala Saturday
- 4:00pm 11/15/18Irish music session Tuesday
- 4:00pm 11/15/18Clinton to kick off Shoppers’ Stroll and Holiday Parade Nov. 23-24
- 4:00pm 11/15/18Charity beer, wine tasting Nov. 30
- 4:00pm 11/15/18Visit Hamilton for the Holidays
- 4:00pm 11/14/18Upcoming events at MWPAI include quartet concert, Victorian Yuletide
- 4:00pm 11/13/18"Overloard" is the nightmare after Halloween that makes dreams come true
- 4:00pm 11/08/18Reggae and soul at Hamilton’s Palace