Cinema wraps up ‘Retro Nightmares’ series
Cinema Capitol (230 W. Dominick St.) will present a double-feature of the horror movies “Sweet 16” and “The Convent” tonight, Oct. 11, at 9 p.m. This will be the third and final event in the Cinema’s “Retro Nightmares” series.
The goal of the “Retro Nightmares” series is to bring campy, fun classics back to the big screen. Many of these films haven’t been screened theatrically in decades.
In “Sweet 16,” originally released in 1983, a big city girl (Aleisa Shirley) tries to make new friends in the small Texas town to which she just moved. The only problem is that each of the boys that she spends time with ends up brutally murdered. Her 16th birthday is on the way, but she turns out to be a suspect when it seems she’s the last person who has seen her boyfriends alive.
In “The Convent”, released in 2000, a young woman commits a grisly massacre at a Catholic school in 1960. She brutally murdered the clergy and nuns inside. 40 years later, college students break into the abandoned convent to tag it with their Greek letters before the Kappas beat them to it. Before long, the group discovers that it’s inhabited by demons that are intent on possessing them.
The double feature will run a total of 179 minutes and is rated R (for horror violence, disturbing images, language, drug use and brief graphic nudity). Admission is $10. Tickets are available at the door and in advance from the Capitol Theatre box office (315-337-6453) and online at www.romecapitol.com.
Rome Community Theater to present six one-act plays
Tickets on sale for Disney On Ice in Syracuse
- 4:00pm 10/15/18Rome Community Theater to present six one-act plays
- 4:00pm 10/11/18Tickets on sale for Disney On Ice in Syracuse
- 4:00pm 10/11/18Falling for Utica Festival Sunday
- 4:00pm 10/11/18Monk Rowe and the Roots of Rock and Roll concert Friday
- 4:00pm 10/11/18Cinema wraps up ‘Retro Nightmares’ series
- 4:00pm 10/11/18Turning Stone, SU host native film events
- 4:00pm 10/11/18MVCC Drama Club presents weekend of entertainment
- 4:00pm 10/11/18RACC hosts Halloween events
- 4:00pm 10/11/18Pianist Fei-Fei to perform at Hamilton College on Oct. 21
- 4:00pm 10/11/18RCIL to host annual brunch