Kevin and Sam Sorbo in “Let There Be Light”
Cinema screens drama ‘Let There Be Light’
Cinema Capitol, 230 W. Dominick St., will present the Christian drama “Let There Be Light” for a one-time-only screening at 6:45 p.m. on Sunday.
The film was directed by and stars Kevin Sorbo. For all his far-reaching fame, Sol Harkens (Sorbo), the world’s most famous atheist, is a lonely soul and a lousy part-time dad. He even comes to resent other members of his family’s devotion to the Christian faith. However, after a near death experience challenges his simplest assumptions about this world, Sol finds his purpose and re-imagines his life. The movie also stars Sam Sorbo, Daniel Roebuck, Donielle Artese, and Dionne Warwich. Additionally, the movie features musical selections Dionne Warwick, Gladys Knight, Billy Ray Cyrus and Rascal Flatts.
Stephan Schultze, Director of Cinematic Arts at Liberty University, writes “Darkness hides deep wounds that the light could heal. ‘Let There Be Light’ is a must see.” Sean Hannity writes “This story has so many twists and turns, it’s a roller-coaster! Joyful, tearful, but ultimately, hopeful… Let there be light, indeed!”
The film runs 100 minutes and is rated PG-13 (for some thematic material including alcohol and drug issues). Admission is $10. Tickets are available at the door and in advance from the Capitol Theatre box office (315-337-6453) and online at www.romecapitol.com.
Josh Hartnett stars in Japanese-American comedy
Cinema presents western film ‘Hostiles’
- 4:00pm 03/22/18Registration begins for Rising Stars
- 4:00pm 03/22/18RACC announces 2018 At Home in the ArtHouse concert series
- 4:00pm 03/22/18Josh Hartnett stars in Japanese-American comedy
- 4:00pm 03/22/18Easter Egg Hunt March 30 in Sherrill
- 4:00pm 03/22/18Director Tarkovsky’s final film at ‘Out After Midnite’
- 4:00pm 03/22/18Tickets on sale Friday for MercyMe
- 4:00pm 03/22/18Post honors vet with dance
- 4:00pm 03/22/18Cinema presents western film ‘Hostiles’
- 4:00pm 03/22/18Rockin’ the Redhouse Friday in Syracuse
- 4:00pm 03/22/18Legion offers breakfast Sunday