Cinema screens documentary exploring the life of Ruth Bader Ginsburg
Cinema Capitol, 230 W. Dominick St., will present the documentary “RBG” from Friday, May 18 through Thursday, May 31.
At the age of 85, U.S. Supreme Court Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg has developed a breathtaking legal legacy while becoming an unexpected pop culture icon. But without a definitive Ginsburg biography, the unique personal journey of this diminutive, quiet warrior’s rise to the nation’s highest court has been largely unknown, even to some of her biggest fans – until now. “RBG” explores Ginsburg’s life and career.
The film was awarded Best Documentary at the Sarasota Film Festival and the Wisconsin Film Festival. The movie has a 93 percent rating on Rotten Tomatoes.
The Los Angeles Times writes “This woman is a force and the great service this clear-eyed and admiring documentary provides is to emphasize, not just Ginsburg’s work on the court, but how extraordinarily influential she was before she even got there.” CNN also writes “‘RBG’ takes various facets of a fascinating life and stitches them together… into a genuine beauty.”
The movie runs 97 minutes and is rated PG (for some thematic elements and language). Admission is $7, $6 for students and military and $5 for Capitol Friends. Tickets are available at the door and in advance from the Capitol Theatre box office (315-337-6453) and online at www.romecapitol.com. RBG will be shown each day from Friday, May 18-Thursday, May 31. Show times are Fridays and Saturdays at 4:15 and 7:15, Sundays at 1:15 and 4:1, and Mondays-Thursdays at 7:15. The Friday 4:15 and Sunday 1:15 show times will include captions for the hearing-impaired.
MVCC to present Emmy Award winning actor ‘One Love: An Evening with John Leguizamo’ Sept. 29
‘Dirty Rotten Scoundrels’ starts RCT season
- 4:00pm 09/22/18Flashlight tours part of First Friday fun
- 4:00pm 09/20/18MVCC to present Emmy Award winning actor ‘One Love: An Evening with John Leguizamo’ Sept. 29
- 4:00pm 09/20/18‘Dirty Rotten Scoundrels’ starts RCT season
- 4:00pm 09/20/18‘Dogumentary’ follows quest of puppy litter
- 4:00pm 09/20/18Jankiewicz performs Sunday
- 4:00pm 09/20/18CNY Royalty and Rogues Festival comes to Stittville
- 4:00pm 09/20/18Capitol screens ‘Bad Reputation’ Wednesday
- 4:00pm 09/20/18Film ‘Bel Canto’ features voice of singer Renée Fleming
- 4:00pm 09/20/18Peter, Paul and George perform Saturday in Oneida
- 4:00pm 09/20/18Opera ‘The Falling and the Rising’ Sunday at View