Cinema screens documentary exploring the life of Ruth Bader Ginsburg
Cinema Capitol, 230 W. Dominick St., will present the documentary “RBG” from Friday, May 18 through Thursday, May 31.
At the age of 85, U.S. Supreme Court Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg has developed a breathtaking legal legacy while becoming an unexpected pop culture icon. But without a definitive Ginsburg biography, the unique personal journey of this diminutive, quiet warrior’s rise to the nation’s highest court has been largely unknown, even to some of her biggest fans – until now. “RBG” explores Ginsburg’s life and career.
The film was awarded Best Documentary at the Sarasota Film Festival and the Wisconsin Film Festival. The movie has a 93 percent rating on Rotten Tomatoes.
The Los Angeles Times writes “This woman is a force and the great service this clear-eyed and admiring documentary provides is to emphasize, not just Ginsburg’s work on the court, but how extraordinarily influential she was before she even got there.” CNN also writes “‘RBG’ takes various facets of a fascinating life and stitches them together… into a genuine beauty.”
The movie runs 97 minutes and is rated PG (for some thematic elements and language). Admission is $7, $6 for students and military and $5 for Capitol Friends. Tickets are available at the door and in advance from the Capitol Theatre box office (315-337-6453) and online at www.romecapitol.com. RBG will be shown each day from Friday, May 18-Thursday, May 31. Show times are Fridays and Saturdays at 4:15 and 7:15, Sundays at 1:15 and 4:1, and Mondays-Thursdays at 7:15. The Friday 4:15 and Sunday 1:15 show times will include captions for the hearing-impaired.
Utica Summer Fest start tonight
Levitt Music Series starts June 25 in Utica
- 4:00pm 06/23/18Clinton Symphony Orchestra presents West Side Story with Charles Schneider July 1
- 4:00pm 06/21/18Utica Summer Fest start tonight
- 4:00pm 06/21/18Levitt Music Series starts June 25 in Utica
- 4:00pm 06/21/18Movie depicts real life art heist
- 4:00pm 06/21/18‘Tuesdays with Morrie’ on stage Sunday
- 4:00pm 06/21/18Benefit concert features The BBC Band
- 4:00pm 06/21/18Betsy Concert Series returns June 28
- 4:00pm 06/21/18Mirren and Sutherland star in comedy-drama
- 4:00pm 06/21/18Schneider give talk on ‘West Side Story’ Wednesday
- 4:00pm 06/15/18RCT Talent Team presents a Night of One Acts Saturday