“RETURN OF THE HERO” — Mélanie Laurent and Jean Dujardin star (Photo submitted)
Cinema presents French screwball comedy
Cinema Capitol will present the French comedy “Return of the Hero” each day from Friday, Dec. 7-Thursday, Dec. 13. This movie will be in French with English subtitles.
France, 1809. The conniving Captain Neuville (Jean Dujardin) is set to marry the naive Pauline (Noémie Merlant) but, when the war breaks out, he is forced to depart for the battlefield.
Neuville neglects to write to his worried fiancée, urging her well-meaning sister Elizabeth (Mélanie Laurent) to write fake letters on his behalf. Long after being killed off in the elaborate letters, Neuville unexpectedly returns and poses to the family as a war hero. Only Elizabeth knows the truth and she is determined to expose Neuville’s true identity as a war deserter and opportunistic coward.
Fresh Fiction writes “The real heroism on display here is the filmmakers’ renewal of the great screwball comedy.”
“Return of the Hero” runs 90 minutes and is not rated. Admission is $7, $6 for students and military, and $5 for Capitol Friends. Tickets are available at the door and in advance from the Capitol box office (315-337-6453) and online at www.romecapitol.com.
Show times are Fridays and Saturdays at 4:15 and 7:15 p.m., Sundays at 1:15 and 4:15 p.m., and Monday-Thursday at 7:15 p.m.
Capitol Theatre to host Tuba Christmas on Tuesday
Capitol marks 90th anniversary Monday
- 4:00pm 12/08/18Capitol Theatre to host Tuba Christmas on Tuesday
- 4:00pm 12/08/18Arc offers free concert Tuesday
- 4:00pm 12/06/18Capitol marks 90th anniversary Monday
- 4:00pm 12/06/18Utica Brews hosts Tas Cru
- 4:00pm 12/06/18Players of Utica present ‘Christmas Carol’ comedy
- 4:00pm 12/06/18Colgate chorus presents contemporary ‘Voices of Light’ oratorio Dec. 7
- 4:00pm 12/06/18Cinema presents French screwball comedy
- 4:00pm 12/06/18Hitchcock film stars Julie Andrews, Paul Newman
- 4:00pm 12/06/18Rescue group hosts holiday event
- 4:00pm 12/06/18Floodwood performs Dec. 15