Alexandra Shipp, left, and Brianna Hildebrand in “Tragedy Girls”
Cinema presents comedy-horror ‘Tragedy Girls’
Cinema Capitol, 230 W. Dominick St., will present the comedy-horror movie “Tragedy Girls” Nov. 17-23.
In the film, best friends Sadie (Brianna Hildebrand) and McKayla (Alexandra Shipp) are on a mission to boost their social media fandom as amateur crime reporters hot on the trail of a deranged local serial killer. After they manage to capture the killer and secretly hold him hostage, they realize the best way to get scoops on future victims would be to murder people themselves.
As the @TragedyGirls become an overnight sensation and panic grips their small town, can their friendship survive the strain of national stardom? Will they get caught? Will their accounts get verified? The movie also stars Josh Hutcherson, Kevin Durand and Craig Robinson.
Variety writes that it is “a sweet story of a believable high school friendship between two girls who just happen to be sociopaths.” Heyguys also writes that the movie is “a genuine cult hit in the making.” The movie holds a 94 percent rating on Rotten Tomatoes.
The movie runs 96 minutes and is rated R (for strong bloody horror violence, and language, including some sexual references). Admission is $7, $6 for students and military and $5 for Capitol Friends. Tickets are available at the door and in advance from the Capitol Theatre box office at 315-337-6453 and online at www.romecapitol.com.
The movie will be shown Friday, Nov. 17 through Thursday, Nov. 23. Show times are Friday and Saturday at 7:30 p.m., Sunday at 1, and 4:15 p.m., and Monday through Thursday at 7:30 p.m. There will be no captioned show times for this movie.
Rock the Cap benefit Saturday
Documentary tells the story of triplets separated at birth
- 4:00pm 08/18/18Kenwood Library hosts Gold Rush Day
- 4:00pm 08/17/18Rock the Cap benefit Saturday
- 4:00pm 08/17/18Free cabaret at Stanley to feature high school students
- 4:00pm 08/16/18Documentary tells the story of triplets separated at birth
- 4:00pm 08/16/18Final performance of the summer for Boonville Concert Band
- 4:00pm 08/16/18View hosts Sweetback Sisters
- 4:00pm 08/16/18Three showings for Fright Night at Cinema Capitol
- 4:00pm 08/16/18Dan Vellone performs Friday
- 4:00pm 08/16/18Nina’s Brew performs tonight
- 4:00pm 08/16/18Irish music session Tuesday