Cinema Capitol logo
Cinema Capitol will host free Oscars party Sunday
Cinema Capitol, 230 W. Dominick St., will host a free Oscars Viewing Party at 6:30 p.m. Sunday, March 4.
A tradition which begun last year, this event gives attendees the chance to see the Oscars on the big screen alongside others enthusiastic about the ceremony.
Beginning with the Red Carpet, the audience will be able to see the Oscars from start to finish.
The award ceremony will be hosted for the second consecutive year by Jimmy Kimmel. Attendees will be invited to take part in several games and contests throughout the evening, competing for Oscar-themed and Cinema-related prizes.
Cinema Capitol will offer complimentary fountain beverages and popcorn throughout the event and has arranged for two other local businesses to serve refreshments.
A spread from Mazzaferro Meats and Deli will be available for all attendees. Meanwhile, Copper City Brewing will serve locally-made craft beer for purchase, for those over the age of 21 with a valid state-issued ID).
“There are not too many other cinemas in central New York which screen most of Oscar-nominated movies,” said Julie Whittemore, executive assistant at the Capitol. “We work very hard to bring Academy Award contenders to this region so we are very excited to see the results of the award ceremony. Having a party like this allows us to share
that enthusiasm with the
The cinema also hopes that having such an event will attract community members who have never been to Cinema Capitol.
“We periodically have events which are free to attend,” Whittemore said. “This is a good opportunity for someone who has never been to the cinema to check out how our organization has grown, as well as how our Cinema differs from a typical multiplex movie theater.”
Doors will open for this event at 6:30 p.m. For more information on the Capitol Art Complex’s programs, visit www.romecapitol.com.
Josh Hartnett stars in Japanese-American comedy
Cinema presents western film ‘Hostiles’
- 4:00pm 03/22/18Registration begins for Rising Stars
- 4:00pm 03/22/18RACC announces 2018 At Home in the ArtHouse concert series
- 4:00pm 03/22/18Josh Hartnett stars in Japanese-American comedy
- 4:00pm 03/22/18Easter Egg Hunt March 30 in Sherrill
- 4:00pm 03/22/18Director Tarkovsky’s final film at ‘Out After Midnite’
- 4:00pm 03/22/18Tickets on sale Friday for MercyMe
- 4:00pm 03/22/18Post honors vet with dance
- 4:00pm 03/22/18Cinema presents western film ‘Hostiles’
- 4:00pm 03/22/18Rockin’ the Redhouse Friday in Syracuse
- 4:00pm 03/22/18Legion offers breakfast Sunday