SLASHING GOOD TIME? — As a part of its “Out After Midnight Film Series,” the Cinema Capitol, 230 W. Dominick St., will present the classic horror movie “Friday the 13th” on Friday, Oct. 13 at 9:30 p.m. (Photo submitted)
Cinema Capitol to screen ‘Friday the 13th’
As a part of its “Out After Midnight Film Series,” Cinema Capitol (230 W. Dominick St.) will present the cult classic slasher movie “Friday the 13th” on Friday, Oct. 13 at 9:30 p.m.
Originally released in 1980, “Friday the 13th” tells the gruesome tale of a group of teenagers setting up a summer camp in the woodsy area.
Superstitious locals warn against it since Crystal Lake has a history of murder, but the fresh-faced young people (Kevin Bacon, Adrienne King, Harry Crosby, Mark Nelson, and Jeannine Taylor) pay little heed to the old-timers.
Ultimately, they find themselves stalked by a brutal killer.
The film helped spark a resurgence of horror movies as well as an entire franchise of “Friday the 13th” films, souvenirs and related merchandise. In all, the original film inspired 11 additional films featuring the series as well as a made-for-television series.
“Out After Midnight” is a series in which “unique” and quirky movies are screened beginning prior to, but letting out after, midnight.
The $8 admission charge includes a small popcorn and a small fountain beverage, as well as pizza (while supplies last) donated by Boyz from Italy.
“Friday the 13th” runs 95 minutes and is rated R.
Tickets are available at the door and in advance from the Capitol Theatre box office (315-337-6453) and online at www.romecapitol.com.
Doors will open for the event at 9 p.m.
Cinema screens Oscar nominated foreign language film
Zombie inspired ‘Romeo and Juliet’ starts March 2 at Colgate
- 4:00pm 02/24/18MVCC reschedules VanderWaal concert
- 4:00pm 02/24/18Second annual Kristin’s Fund Gala scheduled for March 10
- 4:00pm 02/22/18Cinema screens Oscar nominated foreign language film
- 4:00pm 02/22/18Zombie inspired ‘Romeo and Juliet’ starts March 2 at Colgate
- 4:00pm 02/22/18Australian pop group on stage March 1
- 4:00pm 02/22/18Meryl Streep, Tom Hanks star in ‘Best Picture’ contender ‘The Post’
- 4:00pm 02/22/18Classical trio performs Friday
- 4:00pm 02/22/18Out After Midnite pick depicts consequences of digital age
- 4:00pm 02/21/18Art center hosts ‘Mélange’ exhibit reception Saturday
- 4:00pm 02/15/18Acclaimed teen pianist performs Sunday at Colgate