Affleck in “A Ghost Story”
Cinema Capitol screens ‘A Ghost Story’
Cinema Capitol, 230 W. Dominick St., will present the supernatural drama “A Ghost Story” from Friday, Aug. 11 to Thursday, Aug. 24.
Directed by David Lowery, the film follows a recently deceased white-sheeted ghost (Casey Affleck), as he returns to his suburban home to console his bereft wife (Rooney Mara). In his spectral state he has become unstuck in time, forced to watch passively as the life he knew and the woman he loves slowly slip away. Increasingly unmoored, the ghost embarks on a cosmic journey through memory and history, confronting life’s ineffable questions and the enormity of existence. The movie also stars Will Oldham and Rob Zabrecky.
Well-received by critics and audiences, the film was nominated for an “Audience Award” at the 2017 Sundance Film Festival.
The movie holds a 90 percent rating on Rotten Tomatoes.
Matt Zoller Seitz of RogerEbert.com writes “I loved everything about it.” The Hollywood Reporter also writes that it’s “A poetic meditation on time, memory and spiritual connection that is utterly true to its title.”
The movie runs 87 minutes and is rated R (for brief language and a disturbing image). Admission is $7, $6 for students and military and $5 for Capitol Friends. Tickets are available at the door and in advance from the Capitol Theatre box office (315-337-6453) and online at www.romecapitol.com.
The movie runs every day Aug. 11-24. Show times for the first week of screenings (Aug. 11-17) are at 4:15 and 7:15 p.m. Show times for the second week of screenings (Aug. 18-24) are at 4:15 p.m. The 4:15 screenings on Friday and Sunday will include captions for the hearing-impaired.
Copper City Brewery hosts Tom Petty tribute band Saturday
Drama features architecture of Columbus, Ind.
- 4:00pm 10/19/17Hogwarts at Hamilton event Oct. 27 and 28
- 4:00pm 10/19/17Copper City Brewery hosts Tom Petty tribute band Saturday
- 4:00pm 10/19/17Drama features architecture of Columbus, Ind.
- 4:00pm 10/19/17Rising Stars presents ‘15 Miles on the Erie Canal’ Sunday
- 4:00pm 10/19/17Kenny G performs at The Stanley Nov. 5
- 4:00pm 10/19/17Chamber Music Society presents Trio con Brio Copenhagen
- 4:00pm 10/19/17CNY Zombie Prom aids Kallet
- 4:00pm 10/19/17Stanley hosts ‘A Gentleman’s Guide to Love & Murder’
- 4:00pm 10/19/17Jazzin’ It Up at the Other Side Friday
- 4:00pm 10/19/17F.I.L.M. series kicks-off with tribute to David Shepard