Christmas in the Place of Nettles event Sunday
ORISKANY — The 14th annual Christmas in the Place of Nettles will be celebrated in the village from 5-7:30 p.m. Sunday, Dec. 10.
Music, refreshments, raffles, clowns, face painting, a decorated fire truck parade and activities will be among the festivities, along with a reading of “T’was the Night Before Christmas” at the firehouse and library.
There will be some road closures during the event for safety reasons:
• Valley Road to the library
• Green Street at Main Street
• Dexter Avenue at Utica Street
• Lansing Street to Miller Street
• Green Street at Utica Street
• Green Street at Miller Street
• Denbeigh Avenue at Utica Street
Horse-pulled wagon rides will load at Lansing Street at the side of the firehouse, proceed west to Green Street on to Utica Street and then back to Lansing Street.
Anyone who may need to leave their residence during that time and reside at or near one of the road closures, should contact village police or the village office at 315-736-3512.
Capitol Theatre to host Tuba Christmas on Tuesday
Area dancers shine in The Nutcracker
- 4:00pm 12/11/17Capitol Theatre to host Tuba Christmas on Tuesday
- 11:57am 12/09/17Area dancers shine in The Nutcracker
- 4:00pm 12/07/17Van Gogh biopic first painted feature film
- 4:00pm 12/07/17Carell, Cranston star in Linklater drama
- 4:00pm 12/07/17Opus Black performs at Oneida library
- 4:00pm 12/07/17Christmas in the City event Dec. 8-9
- 4:00pm 12/07/17Light Up the Night at Stanley Theatre Friday
- 4:00pm 12/07/17‘Out After Midnite’ presents stop motion films
- 4:00pm 12/07/17Victorian Christmas event Dec. 10 in Oneida
- 4:00pm 12/07/17Symphoria performs Handel’s ‘Messiah’ Saturday