ALLIANCE CLASSICAL — The group Alliance Classical will present chamber music at Rome Art and Community Center Aug. 19. From left: Paula Kinev, French horn; oboist Kathryn Dimmel; Greg Unangst, pianist; and Janelle Bookhout, oboe.
Chamber music concert at RACC Aug. 19
Rome Art and Community Center presents “Classical at the Center” Aug. 19 at 7 p.m., featuring members of the Alliance Classical Players.
The concert will be held in the large gallery at RACC, 308 W. Bloomfield St. Tickets are $10, with discounts for RACC members. To reserve a ticket or more information, call (315) 336-1040. Tickets will also be available at the door.
The program includes four works for both small and large chamber ensembles. The concert begins with trios for two oboes and piano, “The Arrival of the Queen of Sheba” from the oratorio “Solomon” by Handel, and “Concerto for Two Oboes and Piano” by Willem de Fesch. Performers of these pieces are oboists Kathryn Dimmel and Janelle Bookhout, both of Syracuse, with Greg Unangst of Rome on piano.
Also on the concert bill is “Irish Spirit” for clarinet and bass marimba, composed by Canadian composer Bill Douglas. In two movements, the piece contains elements of Celtic flavor as well as jazz influences. Performers are clarinetist Colleen O’Neil of Rome and marimba player Aaron Decker of Mohawk. Decker is a music teacher in Rome.
The concert concludes with “Partita Octet Op. 69” by composer Franz Krommer. The piece is for traditional wind octet, utilizing two oboes, two clarinets, two bassoons and two French horns. In four movements, the work embodies musical characteristics of the classical period. Performers include Bookhout and Dimmel on oboes, O’Neil and Dan Pace on clarinets, bassoonists Sue Daves and Ed Marshilok, and French horn players Claire McKenney and Paula Kinev.
Alliance Classical Players recently partnered with RACC to present chamber music concerts that appeal to a wide variety of audiences.
Copper City Brewery hosts Tom Petty tribute band Saturday
Drama features architecture of Columbus, Ind.
- 4:00pm 10/19/17Hogwarts at Hamilton event Oct. 27 and 28
- 4:00pm 10/19/17Copper City Brewery hosts Tom Petty tribute band Saturday
- 4:00pm 10/19/17Drama features architecture of Columbus, Ind.
- 4:00pm 10/19/17Rising Stars presents ‘15 Miles on the Erie Canal’ Sunday
- 4:00pm 10/19/17Kenny G performs at The Stanley Nov. 5
- 4:00pm 10/19/17Chamber Music Society presents Trio con Brio Copenhagen
- 4:00pm 10/19/17CNY Zombie Prom aids Kallet
- 4:00pm 10/19/17Stanley hosts ‘A Gentleman’s Guide to Love & Murder’
- 4:00pm 10/19/17Jazzin’ It Up at the Other Side Friday
- 4:00pm 10/19/17F.I.L.M. series kicks-off with tribute to David Shepard