CLASSIC — Bugs Bunny and Elmer Fudd in “A Wild Hare” (Image submitted)
Cartoon Madness returns to Capitol Theatre
The Capitol Theatre, 220 W. Dominick St., will host its annual Cartoon Madness show during school break week, Feb. 19-24. The program will run at 3 p.m. daily, with shows at both 3 and 7 p.m. on Saturday, Feb. 24. As in past years, there will be 12 color cartoons on the bill, all from the Warner Bros. Looney Tunes/Merrie Melodies series.
The theme for this year’s show is “Bugs: The Beginning and Beyond,” and will highlight Bugs Buggy’s evolution from “Happy Rabbit” from the late 1930s to the definitive Bugs from the 1940s and 1950s. There will be additional cartoons with favorite WB cartoon characters such as Daffy Duck, The Roadrunner, Porky Pig, and others.
The line-up (director in parenthesis) is:
- “Hare-um Scare-um” (1939; Ben Hardawy, Cal Dalton) Happy Rabbit.
- “Mouse Wreckers” (1949; Chuck Jones).
- “A Wild Hare” (1940; Tex Avery) Bugs, Elmer Fudd.
- “My Little Duckaroo” (1954; Chuck Jones) Daffy.
- “Wabbit Twouble” (1941; Robert Clampett) Bugs, Elmer Fudd.
- “Going! Going! Gosh!” (1952; Chuck Jones) Road Runner, Wile E. Coyote.
- “Back Alley Oproar” (1948; Friz Freleng) Sylvester, Elmer Fudd.
- “Little Red Riding Rabbit” (1944; Friz Freleng) Bugs.
- “Feed The Kitty” (1952; Chuck Jones).
- “The Big Snooze” (1946; Bob Clampett) Bugs, Elmer Fudd.
- “Birds Anonymous” (1957;Friz Freleng) Tweety, Sylvester.
- “Rabbit Seasoning” (1952; Chuck Jones) Bugs, Daffy.
Tickets are $4 and $3 for children 12 and under, and are available at the door, in advance from the Capitol box office (10 a.m.-5 p.m. weekdays), and online at www.romecapitol.com.
The show will run approximately 1 hour and 45 minutes, including an intermission. All the movies will be shown on 35-mm film on the Capitol’s 20-foot high screen.
MVCC hosts 15th annual Uticon Sept. 23
Family Favorites Series features Disney classic
- 4:00pm 09/15/18MVCC hosts 15th annual Uticon Sept. 23
- 4:00pm 09/14/18MWPAI to host regional premiere screening of ‘We the Animals’
- 4:00pm 09/13/18Family Favorites Series features Disney classic
- 4:00pm 09/13/18Drama based upon the novel ‘The Bookshop’
- 4:00pm 09/13/18Hamilton College hosts Molsky’s Mountain Drifters Sept. 21
- 4:00pm 09/13/18Open Mic Night at Players of Utica
- 4:00pm 09/13/18Historical society collaborates on ‘Shattered Angel’ performance
- 4:00pm 09/13/18Tickets on sale for Chris Botti concert at Stanley
- 4:00pm 09/13/18Lava at Turning Stone hosts Ja Rule, Ginuwine, Bone Thugs-n-Harmony
- 4:00pm 09/13/18City Fiddle Band performance Sunday