CLASSIC — Bugs Bunny and Elmer Fudd in “A Wild Hare” (Image submitted)
Cartoon Madness returns to Capitol Theatre
The Capitol Theatre, 220 W. Dominick St., will host its annual Cartoon Madness show during school break week, Feb. 19-24. The program will run at 3 p.m. daily, with shows at both 3 and 7 p.m. on Saturday, Feb. 24. As in past years, there will be 12 color cartoons on the bill, all from the Warner Bros. Looney Tunes/Merrie Melodies series.
The theme for this year’s show is “Bugs: The Beginning and Beyond,” and will highlight Bugs Buggy’s evolution from “Happy Rabbit” from the late 1930s to the definitive Bugs from the 1940s and 1950s. There will be additional cartoons with favorite WB cartoon characters such as Daffy Duck, The Roadrunner, Porky Pig, and others.
The line-up (director in parenthesis) is:
- “Hare-um Scare-um” (1939; Ben Hardawy, Cal Dalton) Happy Rabbit.
- “Mouse Wreckers” (1949; Chuck Jones).
- “A Wild Hare” (1940; Tex Avery) Bugs, Elmer Fudd.
- “My Little Duckaroo” (1954; Chuck Jones) Daffy.
- “Wabbit Twouble” (1941; Robert Clampett) Bugs, Elmer Fudd.
- “Going! Going! Gosh!” (1952; Chuck Jones) Road Runner, Wile E. Coyote.
- “Back Alley Oproar” (1948; Friz Freleng) Sylvester, Elmer Fudd.
- “Little Red Riding Rabbit” (1944; Friz Freleng) Bugs.
- “Feed The Kitty” (1952; Chuck Jones).
- “The Big Snooze” (1946; Bob Clampett) Bugs, Elmer Fudd.
- “Birds Anonymous” (1957;Friz Freleng) Tweety, Sylvester.
- “Rabbit Seasoning” (1952; Chuck Jones) Bugs, Daffy.
Tickets are $4 and $3 for children 12 and under, and are available at the door, in advance from the Capitol box office (10 a.m.-5 p.m. weekdays), and online at www.romecapitol.com.
The show will run approximately 1 hour and 45 minutes, including an intermission. All the movies will be shown on 35-mm film on the Capitol’s 20-foot high screen.
Josh Hartnett stars in Japanese-American comedy
Cinema presents western film ‘Hostiles’
- 4:00pm 03/22/18Registration begins for Rising Stars
- 4:00pm 03/22/18RACC announces 2018 At Home in the ArtHouse concert series
- 4:00pm 03/22/18Josh Hartnett stars in Japanese-American comedy
- 4:00pm 03/22/18Easter Egg Hunt March 30 in Sherrill
- 4:00pm 03/22/18Director Tarkovsky’s final film at ‘Out After Midnite’
- 4:00pm 03/22/18Tickets on sale Friday for MercyMe
- 4:00pm 03/22/18Post honors vet with dance
- 4:00pm 03/22/18Cinema presents western film ‘Hostiles’
- 4:00pm 03/22/18Rockin’ the Redhouse Friday in Syracuse
- 4:00pm 03/22/18Legion offers breakfast Sunday