Steve Cantrell, Bryan Cranston and Laurence Fishburne in “Last Flag Flying”
Carell, Cranston star in Linklater drama
Cinema Capitol, 230 W. Dominick St., will present the drama “Last Flag Flying” from Friday through Thursday, Dec. 14. Veterans and current military personnel will be admitted free to any of the screenings.
The movie was directed by Richard Linklater. Thirty years after serving together in the Vietnam War, friends “Doc” (Steve Carell), Sal (Bryan Cranston) and minister Richard (Laurence Fishburne) reunite for a different type of mission: to bury Doc’s son, a young Marine killed in Iraq.
Forgoing burial at Arlington National Cemetery, Doc and his old buddies take the casket on a bittersweet trip up the coast to New Hampshire. Along the way, the three men find themselves reminiscing and coming to terms with the shared memories of a war that continues to shape their lives. The movie also stars Yul Vázquez.
The Seattle Times writes “With its well-drawn characters (a Linklater trademark) and mood of quiet restraint, ‘Last Flag Flying’ touches the heart at a deep level.” The Chicago Sun-Times writes “This is one of the best movies of 2017.”
The movie runs 124 minutes and is rated R (for language throughout including some sexual references). Admission is $7, $6 for students and $5 for Capitol Friends. All veterans and military personnel with ID will be admitted to any of the screenings without charge. Tickets are available at the door and in advance from the Capitol Theatre box office (315-337-6453) and online at www.romecapitol.com. The movie will be shown each day from Friday through Thursday, Dec.14. Show times are Friday and Saturday at 4 and 7, Sunday at 1 and 4, and Monday-Thursday at 7. The Friday 4 and Sunday 1 show times will include captions for the hearing-impaired.
Cinema Capitol presents 1984 film ‘Gremlins’
‘Stroll Through the Center’ Christmas music event at RACC
- 4:00pm 12/15/17Cinema Capitol presents 1984 film ‘Gremlins’
- 4:00pm 12/14/17‘Stroll Through the Center’ Christmas music event at RACC
- 4:00pm 12/14/17Critically acclaimed ‘Lady Bird’ at Cinema Capitol starting Friday
- 4:00pm 12/14/17Theater’s holiday tradition continues with ‘It’s a Wonderful Life’
- 4:00pm 12/14/17Out After Midnite offers Norwegian drama
- 4:00pm 12/14/17Cinema screens drama ‘Let There Be Light’
- 4:00pm 12/14/17Bluegrass jam Saturday
- 4:00pm 12/14/17America concert tickets on sale now
- 4:00pm 12/14/17Breakfast with Santa Sunday
- 4:00pm 12/14/17Irish music in Oriskany