Steve Cantrell, Bryan Cranston and Laurence Fishburne in “Last Flag Flying”
Carell, Cranston star in Linklater drama
Cinema Capitol, 230 W. Dominick St., will present the drama “Last Flag Flying” from Friday through Thursday, Dec. 14. Veterans and current military personnel will be admitted free to any of the screenings.
The movie was directed by Richard Linklater. Thirty years after serving together in the Vietnam War, friends “Doc” (Steve Carell), Sal (Bryan Cranston) and minister Richard (Laurence Fishburne) reunite for a different type of mission: to bury Doc’s son, a young Marine killed in Iraq.
Forgoing burial at Arlington National Cemetery, Doc and his old buddies take the casket on a bittersweet trip up the coast to New Hampshire. Along the way, the three men find themselves reminiscing and coming to terms with the shared memories of a war that continues to shape their lives. The movie also stars Yul Vázquez.
The Seattle Times writes “With its well-drawn characters (a Linklater trademark) and mood of quiet restraint, ‘Last Flag Flying’ touches the heart at a deep level.” The Chicago Sun-Times writes “This is one of the best movies of 2017.”
The movie runs 124 minutes and is rated R (for language throughout including some sexual references). Admission is $7, $6 for students and $5 for Capitol Friends. All veterans and military personnel with ID will be admitted to any of the screenings without charge. Tickets are available at the door and in advance from the Capitol Theatre box office (315-337-6453) and online at www.romecapitol.com. The movie will be shown each day from Friday through Thursday, Dec.14. Show times are Friday and Saturday at 4 and 7, Sunday at 1 and 4, and Monday-Thursday at 7. The Friday 4 and Sunday 1 show times will include captions for the hearing-impaired.
MVCC to present Emmy Award winning actor ‘One Love: An Evening with John Leguizamo’ Sept. 29
‘Dirty Rotten Scoundrels’ starts RCT season
- 4:00pm 09/22/18Flashlight tours part of First Friday fun
- 4:00pm 09/20/18MVCC to present Emmy Award winning actor ‘One Love: An Evening with John Leguizamo’ Sept. 29
- 4:00pm 09/20/18‘Dirty Rotten Scoundrels’ starts RCT season
- 4:00pm 09/20/18‘Dogumentary’ follows quest of puppy litter
- 4:00pm 09/20/18Jankiewicz performs Sunday
- 4:00pm 09/20/18CNY Royalty and Rogues Festival comes to Stittville
- 4:00pm 09/20/18Capitol screens ‘Bad Reputation’ Wednesday
- 4:00pm 09/20/18Film ‘Bel Canto’ features voice of singer Renée Fleming
- 4:00pm 09/20/18Peter, Paul and George perform Saturday in Oneida
- 4:00pm 09/20/18Opera ‘The Falling and the Rising’ Sunday at View