HOLIDAY SHOW — About 30 tuba players are expected on stage for an annual holiday festival, A Tuba Christmas, at the Capitol Theatre at 7 p.m. Tuesday, this year under the baton of Barb Seaton. (Sentinel file photo by Makenzi Enos)
Capitol Theatre to host Tuba Christmas on Tuesday
For the 13th consecutive year Rome’s Capitol Theatre, 220 W. Dominick St., will host the annual Tuba Christmas concert. This year’s event is set for 7 p.m. Tuesday.
As in past years tuba, euphonium, baritone and sousaphone players from throughout the region will perform Christmas music on the Capitol stage.
Approximately 30 musicians are expected to participate. Musical director for this year’s concert is Barb Seaton.
Participating musicians are requested to provide their own music stands (chairs will be provided) and a copy of the TubaChristmas songbook if they have one.
Copies will be available at the theatre for purchase or loan. Registration for performers will be at 4 p.m.
There will be a $10 registration fee (registration is free for students).
The concert is free and open to the public. Tickets are not required.
Additional information is available from organizer Vicky Stockton at firstname.lastname@example.org or from the Capitol at
MVCC to present Emmy Award winning actor ‘One Love: An Evening with John Leguizamo’ Sept. 29
‘Dirty Rotten Scoundrels’ starts RCT season
- 4:00pm 09/20/18MVCC to present Emmy Award winning actor ‘One Love: An Evening with John Leguizamo’ Sept. 29
- 4:00pm 09/20/18‘Dirty Rotten Scoundrels’ starts RCT season
- 4:00pm 09/20/18‘Dogumentary’ follows quest of puppy litter
- 4:00pm 09/20/18Jankiewicz performs Sunday
- 4:00pm 09/20/18CNY Royalty and Rogues Festival comes to Stittville
- 4:00pm 09/20/18Capitol screens ‘Bad Reputation’ Wednesday
- 4:00pm 09/20/18Film ‘Bel Canto’ features voice of singer Renée Fleming
- 4:00pm 09/20/18Peter, Paul and George perform Saturday in Oneida
- 4:00pm 09/20/18Opera ‘The Falling and the Rising’ Sunday at View
- 4:00pm 09/20/18Kallet hosts Makin’ Bacon Festival festival Sept. 29