Capitol screens comedy ‘Lost in Paris’
Cinema Capitol, 230 W. Dominick St., will present the comedy “Lost in Paris” July 14 through July 20.
Directed by and starring Fiona Gordon and Dominique Abel, “Lost in Paris” is rife with the whimsical antics and intricate slapstick comedy for which Gordon and Able are known. The story follows the small-town Canadian librarian Fiona (Gordon), whose orderly life is disrupted by a letter of distress from her 88-year-old Parisian aunt, Martha (Emmanuelle Riva).
Having always dreamed of visiting Paris and with the aim to help her aunt, Fiona hops on the first plane she can, only to discover that Martha has disappeared. To further complicate her visit, she encounters Dom (Abel), an affable but annoying tramp who just won’t leave her alone.
“Lost in Paris” received the “Rare Pearl Award” at the Denver Film Festival, as well as an “Audience Award” at Mill Valley Film Festival. The movie also holds an 87% rating on Rotten Tomatoes.
The Huffington Post writes that “Lost in Paris” is “A deliriously funny, continuously inventive, slapstick extravaganza that Buster Keaton fans will devour with relish.” Variety also writes that Abel and Gordon are “the two funniest clowns working in cinema today.”
“Lost in Paris” runs 83 minutes and is not rated.
Admission is $7, $6 for students and military, and $5 for Capitol Friends. Tickets are available at the door and in advance from the Capitol Theatre box office (315-337-6453) and online at www.romecapitol.com.
Show times are Friday and Saturday at 7 p.m., Sunday at 3:45 p.m., and Monday through Thursday at 7 p.m.
French drama highlights dances by acclaimed choreographer
Kannapolis: A Moving Portrait concert Friday
- 4:00pm 09/21/17Country singer to perform at MVCC
- 4:00pm 09/21/17Concert postponed
- 4:00pm 09/21/17French drama highlights dances by acclaimed choreographer
- 4:00pm 09/21/17Kannapolis: A Moving Portrait concert Friday
- 4:00pm 09/21/17‘Out After Midnight’ with ‘The Villainess’
- 4:00pm 09/21/17Neal Caine and the Danny Sinoff Quintet perform Saturday
- 4:00pm 09/21/17Old Tyme Fiddlers’ hosts end of the season party Sunday
- 4:00pm 09/21/17Hamilton College screens award-winning film by alumnus
- 4:00pm 09/21/17‘Where’s Molly?’ screens in Cazenovia Sept. 27
- 4:00pm 09/21/17Ladies Night Out event Sept. 28