Actor Jake Gyllenhaal, right, with the real Jeff Bauman
Biopic depicts life of Boston Marathon victim
Cinema Capitol (230 W. Dominick St.) will present the biographical drama “Stronger” from Oct. 13 to 19.
Directed by David Gordon Green and based on Jeff Bauman’s memoir of the same title, “Stronger” depicts Bauman’s (Jake Gyllenhaal) experience losing both of his legs when two bombs explode during the Boston Marathon on April 15, 2013.
After regaining consciousness in the hospital, Jeff is able to help law enforcement identify one of the suspects, but his own battle is just beginning. With unwavering support from his family and girlfriend (Tatiana Maslany), Bauman embarks on a long and heroic journey to physical and emotional rehabilitation.
The movie also stars Miranda Richardson and Clancy Brown.
The Chicago Tribune writes that “‘Stronger’ is a movie you need to see.” The Hollywood Reporter also writes that the movie is “Solid, straightforward and touching.” The film has a 96 percent rating on Rotten Tomatoes. “Stronger” runs 116 minutes and is rated R (for language throughout, some graphic injury images, and brief sexuality/nudity).
Admission is $7, $6 for students and military, and $5 for Capitol Friends.
Tickets are available at the door and in advance from the Capitol Theatre box office (315-337-6453) and online at www.romecapitol.com.
Screenings of “Stronger” will take place between Friday-Thursday, Oct. 19. Show times are Friday and Saturday at 4:15 and 7:15 p.m., Sunday at 1:15, and 4:15 p.m., and Monday-Thursday at 7:15 p.m. Friday’s 4:15 and Sunday’s 1:15 show times will include captions for the hearing-impaired.
Local comedian releases DVD of Capitol Theatre show
Capitol Theatre to host Tuba Christmas on Tuesday
- 4:00pm 12/12/17Local comedian releases DVD of Capitol Theatre show
- 4:00pm 12/11/17Capitol Theatre to host Tuba Christmas on Tuesday
- 11:57am 12/09/17Area dancers shine in The Nutcracker
- 4:00pm 12/07/17Van Gogh biopic first painted feature film
- 4:00pm 12/07/17Carell, Cranston star in Linklater drama
- 4:00pm 12/07/17Opus Black performs at Oneida library
- 4:00pm 12/07/17Christmas in the City event Dec. 8-9
- 4:00pm 12/07/17Light Up the Night at Stanley Theatre Friday
- 4:00pm 12/07/17‘Out After Midnite’ presents stop motion films
- 4:00pm 12/07/17Victorian Christmas event Dec. 10 in Oneida