Actor Jake Gyllenhaal, right, with the real Jeff Bauman
Biopic depicts life of Boston Marathon victim
Cinema Capitol (230 W. Dominick St.) will present the biographical drama “Stronger” from Oct. 13 to 19.
Directed by David Gordon Green and based on Jeff Bauman’s memoir of the same title, “Stronger” depicts Bauman’s (Jake Gyllenhaal) experience losing both of his legs when two bombs explode during the Boston Marathon on April 15, 2013.
After regaining consciousness in the hospital, Jeff is able to help law enforcement identify one of the suspects, but his own battle is just beginning. With unwavering support from his family and girlfriend (Tatiana Maslany), Bauman embarks on a long and heroic journey to physical and emotional rehabilitation.
The movie also stars Miranda Richardson and Clancy Brown.
The Chicago Tribune writes that “‘Stronger’ is a movie you need to see.” The Hollywood Reporter also writes that the movie is “Solid, straightforward and touching.” The film has a 96 percent rating on Rotten Tomatoes. “Stronger” runs 116 minutes and is rated R (for language throughout, some graphic injury images, and brief sexuality/nudity).
Admission is $7, $6 for students and military, and $5 for Capitol Friends.
Tickets are available at the door and in advance from the Capitol Theatre box office (315-337-6453) and online at www.romecapitol.com.
Screenings of “Stronger” will take place between Friday-Thursday, Oct. 19. Show times are Friday and Saturday at 4:15 and 7:15 p.m., Sunday at 1:15, and 4:15 p.m., and Monday-Thursday at 7:15 p.m. Friday’s 4:15 and Sunday’s 1:15 show times will include captions for the hearing-impaired.
MVCC hosts 15th annual Uticon Sept. 23
Family Favorites Series features Disney classic
- 4:00pm 09/15/18MVCC hosts 15th annual Uticon Sept. 23
- 4:00pm 09/14/18MWPAI to host regional premiere screening of ‘We the Animals’
- 4:00pm 09/13/18Family Favorites Series features Disney classic
- 4:00pm 09/13/18Drama based upon the novel ‘The Bookshop’
- 4:00pm 09/13/18Hamilton College hosts Molsky’s Mountain Drifters Sept. 21
- 4:00pm 09/13/18Open Mic Night at Players of Utica
- 4:00pm 09/13/18Historical society collaborates on ‘Shattered Angel’ performance
- 4:00pm 09/13/18Tickets on sale for Chris Botti concert at Stanley
- 4:00pm 09/13/18Lava at Turning Stone hosts Ja Rule, Ginuwine, Bone Thugs-n-Harmony
- 4:00pm 09/13/18City Fiddle Band performance Sunday