Bill Keeler Celebrity Roast Oct. 19 in Ilion
VILLAGE OF ILION — Mohawk Valley radio personality Bill Keeler will be in the hot seat for the Herkimer County Historical Society’s “Bill Keeler Celebrity Roast” at 6 p.m. Thursday, Oct. 19 at Francesca’s Banquet Hall.
Tickets are $35 and should be purchased in advance from the Herkimer County Historical Society, 406 N. Main St., Herkimer, open Monday through Friday, 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. For more information, call 315-866-6413.
Keeler is the morning host of First News with Keeler in the Morning, which airs weekday mornings from 6-9 a.m. on WIBX 950. The program is also simulcast live on WFXV FOX 33 TV.
The Keeler Show is a talk show mixed with news, sports and weather combined with entertainment, music, pop culture and life in Greater Utica, Rome and the Mohawk Valley. If there’s a question that needs to be asked, the talk show host will ask the question and even though he’s well known for giving his opinion, Keeler said he takes pride in giving both sides the chance to speak their mind.
“Some mornings, we’re getting complaints from both sides of an issue and that’s when you know you’ve done your job,” he said.
Keeler landed his first radio job in 1981 as a junior in high school. His career has spanned 30-plus years in markets like Providence, Syracuse and Albany, but WIBX and the Mohawk Valley are his home. Keeler holds three Guinness Book records, including one that still stands, the World’s Largest Jelly Doughnut, which was made at the old Riverside Mall in Utica back in the 1990s. He’s focused his charity work on children, raising hundreds of thousands of dollars over the years for various causes.
Helping to roast Keeler will be Assemblyman Marc Butler, Sen. Joseph Griffo, WIBX Program Director Jeff Monaski, CNN Washington Correspondent and former WKTV anchorman Ryan Nobles, and Utica Boilermaker president Tim Reed.
Returning as Roastmaster is John Scarano, executive director of the Herkimer County Chamber of Commerce.
Spektral Quartet to perform at Hamilton College April 21
MWPAI Concerts in the Court Hosts Tribute to Jazz Legend
- 4:00pm 04/20/18Oriskany Central School Ski & Snowboard Club to hold Book Fair
- 4:00pm 04/19/18Spektral Quartet to perform at Hamilton College April 21
- 4:00pm 04/19/18MWPAI Concerts in the Court Hosts Tribute to Jazz Legend
- 4:00pm 04/19/18Out After Midnite presents Estonian fantasy
- 4:00pm 04/19/18Dark comedy ‘Death of Stalin’ on Cinema screen
- 4:00pm 04/19/18DuffleBag Theatre presents ‘Little Red Riding Hood’
- 4:00pm 04/19/18Spring Swing concert Sunday at Colgate
- 4:00pm 04/19/18Polish Home hosts spaghetti dinner
- 4:00pm 04/19/18Masterworks Chorale performs with Symphoria
- 4:00pm 04/19/18Singer, Songwriter Showcase April 28