Bill Keeler Celebrity Roast Oct. 19 in Ilion
VILLAGE OF ILION — Mohawk Valley radio personality Bill Keeler will be in the hot seat for the Herkimer County Historical Society’s “Bill Keeler Celebrity Roast” at 6 p.m. Thursday, Oct. 19 at Francesca’s Banquet Hall.
Tickets are $35 and should be purchased in advance from the Herkimer County Historical Society, 406 N. Main St., Herkimer, open Monday through Friday, 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. For more information, call 315-866-6413.
Keeler is the morning host of First News with Keeler in the Morning, which airs weekday mornings from 6-9 a.m. on WIBX 950. The program is also simulcast live on WFXV FOX 33 TV.
The Keeler Show is a talk show mixed with news, sports and weather combined with entertainment, music, pop culture and life in Greater Utica, Rome and the Mohawk Valley. If there’s a question that needs to be asked, the talk show host will ask the question and even though he’s well known for giving his opinion, Keeler said he takes pride in giving both sides the chance to speak their mind.
“Some mornings, we’re getting complaints from both sides of an issue and that’s when you know you’ve done your job,” he said.
Keeler landed his first radio job in 1981 as a junior in high school. His career has spanned 30-plus years in markets like Providence, Syracuse and Albany, but WIBX and the Mohawk Valley are his home. Keeler holds three Guinness Book records, including one that still stands, the World’s Largest Jelly Doughnut, which was made at the old Riverside Mall in Utica back in the 1990s. He’s focused his charity work on children, raising hundreds of thousands of dollars over the years for various causes.
Helping to roast Keeler will be Assemblyman Marc Butler, Sen. Joseph Griffo, WIBX Program Director Jeff Monaski, CNN Washington Correspondent and former WKTV anchorman Ryan Nobles, and Utica Boilermaker president Tim Reed.
Returning as Roastmaster is John Scarano, executive director of the Herkimer County Chamber of Commerce.
Capitol screens ‘All the Money in the World’
Gibson Brothers perform Jan. 26
- 4:00pm 01/18/18Capitol screens ‘All the Money in the World’
- 4:00pm 01/18/18Gibson Brothers perform Jan. 26
- 4:00pm 01/18/18Bluegrass jam Saturday
- 4:00pm 01/18/18Ultimate Aldean concert Saturday
- 4:00pm 01/18/18Riggies, Greens and Rock Sunday
- 4:00pm 01/18/18Wine Tasting event aids Foothills programs
- 4:00pm 01/16/18Swamp Drivers visit Kallet Civic Cente
- 4:00pm 01/11/18Good Nature brewery marks anniversary
- 4:00pm 01/11/18The Illusionists perform Tuesday
- 4:00pm 01/11/18Capitol Cinema presents Golden Globe-Winning Churchill biopic