Jam session Saturday
STITTVILLE — A musical jam session will be held from 8 a.m. to 2 p.m. Saturday by the Mohawk Valley Bluegrass Music Association. It will be in the Fire Department, 9069 Main St.
The monthly event is open to all musicians and listeners who enjoy bluegrass, country and folk music. For more information check: MVBGA.com.
Irish Music Friday, Tuesday
ORISKANY — Craobh Dugan, the local branch of Comhaltas Ceoltoiri Eireann, holds a traditional Irish music session on Tuesday March 21, at 7:30 p.m. in Stockdale’s, 103 River St.
Craobh Dugan will also be performing at Woods Valley from 7-10 p.m. on Friday, March 17 (St Patrick’s Day) – no admission.
The Session is free and open to all musicians who play acoustic traditional instrument such as fiddle, guitar, pennywhistle, accordion, mandolin, and tenor banjo. Spectators are encouraged
The Musicians will play sets of standard Irish tunes in the traditional manner.
On the net: www.uticairish.org
Cinema Capitol screens French drama
Tickets on sale for Kenny G at the Stanley
- 4:00pm 08/17/17Cinema Capitol screens French drama
- 4:00pm 08/17/17Tickets on sale for Kenny G at the Stanley
- 4:00pm 08/17/17The Mammals perform at View Saturday
- 4:00pm 08/17/17Area happenings
- 4:00pm 08/17/17Movies announced for Costner film fest this weekend
- 4:00pm 08/17/17Boonville Concert Band gives final performance of the summer Friday
- 4:00pm 08/17/17Night of dinner and dancing benefits animal shelter
- 4:00pm 08/17/17Unity Hall hosts jazz musician Dion Abraham Saturday
- 4:00pm 08/17/1712th annual Latino festival Aug. 20 in Utica
- 4:00pm 08/17/17Theater troupe performs ‘The Last Romance’ in Old Forge