Adirondack Community Chorus rehearsals start Sunday
LYONS FALLS — The Adirondack Community Chorus will start rehearsals for its Christmas concert, “Hope!”, on Sunday, Oct. 15, at 1 p.m. at Forest Presbyterian Church, 4019 Center St.
The concert will be held at 4 p.m. on Sunday, Dec. 17, at the church, under the direction of Peg Nuspliger.
The music to be performed will be “Gospel Magnificat,” “Hope!”, “Go Tell It on the Mountain,” “Jesus, Oh What a Wonderful Child,” “Bright Star Shining,” “For unto Us a Child Is Born,” “Hallelujah from Handel’s Messiah: A Soulful Celebration,” and “Silent Night, Holy Nigh.”
Subsequent rehearsals are scheduled for 1 p.m. on Sundays, Oct. 22 through Nov. 19; 6:30 p.m. on Monday, Nov. 27; 1 p.m. on Sunday, Dec. 3; 6:30 p.m. on Sunday, Dec. 10; 10:30 a.m. (at the Sunset Nursing and Rehabilitation Center in Boonville) on Thursday, Dec. 14; and 6:30 p.m., also on Dec. 14. Except for the morning rehearsal at Sunset on Dec. 14, all practices will take place at Forest Presbyterian Church.
The chorus also hopes to sing the “Hallelujah from Handel’s Messiah: A Soulful Celebration” with the Adirondack Central School high school chorus at its Christmas concert, which will take place at 7:30 p.m. on Wednesday, Dec. 20, in the high school auditorium in Boonville. The chorus’ intent is to practice with the high school chorus at 11:50 a.m. on Thursday, Dec. 14, in the high school auditorium after the Sunset program that day. Further details about this arrangement will be provided at the regularly scheduled rehearsal sessions for the “Hope!” concert.
Additionally, Michael Ferris has put together a reader’s theater production of “A Christmas Carol,” to be presented at the Lewis County Historical Society in Lowville at 7:30 p.m. on Saturday, Nov. 25. Chorus members will be asked to participate by singing Christmas carols in conjunction with this production.
This Historical Society production of “A Christmas Carol” will be repeated on Sunday afternoon, Nov. 26, at Trinity Episcopal Church in Boonville.
If anyone cannot make the first rehearsal for the “Hope!” concert but wants to sing in the Dec. 17 concert, call or email Jan Yauger at 315-942-2046 or email@example.com so music can be reserved.
The chorus welcomes all new singers. No audition is required, but a commitment to attend rehearsals is needed.
Copper City Brewery hosts Tom Petty tribute band Saturday
Drama features architecture of Columbus, Ind.
- 4:00pm 10/19/17Hogwarts at Hamilton event Oct. 27 and 28
- 4:00pm 10/19/17Copper City Brewery hosts Tom Petty tribute band Saturday
- 4:00pm 10/19/17Drama features architecture of Columbus, Ind.
- 4:00pm 10/19/17Rising Stars presents ‘15 Miles on the Erie Canal’ Sunday
- 4:00pm 10/19/17Kenny G performs at The Stanley Nov. 5
- 4:00pm 10/19/17Chamber Music Society presents Trio con Brio Copenhagen
- 4:00pm 10/19/17CNY Zombie Prom aids Kallet
- 4:00pm 10/19/17Stanley hosts ‘A Gentleman’s Guide to Love & Murder’
- 4:00pm 10/19/17Jazzin’ It Up at the Other Side Friday
- 4:00pm 10/19/17F.I.L.M. series kicks-off with tribute to David Shepard