Plenty in store at Kirkland Art Center
CLINTON — From youth ballet classes to adult fitness classes and artist exhibitions, plenty is in store for summer 2018 at Kirkland Art Center, 9 1/2 E. Park Row.
• Just Add Water 4, featuring Golden Paint’s QoR watercolors, will be shown at the gallery starting with an opening reception to be held 7-9 p.m. on Friday, July 13. Visitors may view the 4-inch by 4-inch watercolor paintings created by various local officials and residents. The Pre-Party will be 6-7 p.m. at a cost of $10.
All donated artwork will be sold for $20 to support KAC’s mission to educate children and adults to advocate for the arts and artists, and to engage the community in a range of cultural experiences and opportunities.
• The CNY Watercolor Society Signature Show will be on exhibit Aug. 7 through Sept. 14.
An opening reception will be held 4-6 p.m. Sunday, Aug. 12.
Summer Dance Schedule
• 2018 Recreational Session with Miss Emily
July 9 — Aug. 1
Monday and Wednesday
10-11:30 a.m. A/B Foundation
11:30 a.m. to 12:15 p.m. Foundation Ballet ages 5 to 7
12:15-1 p.m. Foundation Tap ages 5 to 7
KAC member $175/Non-member $195
• 2018 Intensive, Ballet Portion with Miss Emily
Monday through Friday
9-9:30 a.m. Warm up, combined
9:30-11 a.m. Technique, combined
11 a.m. to noon Lunch Break
Noon to 1 p.m. Pre and Beginning Pointe
Noon to 1 p.m. Advanced
Students attend Drawing/Painting Class
1-2 p.m. Intermediate/Advanced Pointe
2-3 p.m. Modern, combined
KAC member $365/Non-member $400
• Adult Fine Art: Mohawk Valley Artist Group is a group of artists who get together weekly to draw and paint with the benefit of a live model.
Structured as an Open Studio, the workshop is open to artists of all abilities who are age 18 and older. Those who participate must bring their own supplies.
Wednesday: 9:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.
• Zumba and Zumba Toning with Debby Trzepacz
Zumba classes feature exotic rhythms set to high energy Latin and international beats. It’s a low-impact form of fitness and all levels of experience are welcome. Cost is $38 or $45 for non-members. Drop-ins are $8 or $6 for seniors. New participants get their first class for free.
• Beginners & Intermediate Line Dancing with Paul Salsbury
Tuesdays 7-9 p.m.
Drop In Rate: $5 per class
In the beginners and intermediate-level class, students will learn all styles of dance, including the waltz, rumba, tango, cha cha and samba to a variety of music.
• Intermediate Line Dancing with Paul Salsbury
Thursdays 7-10 p.m.
Drop In Rate: $5 per class
In the intermediate to advanced-level class, students will learn all styles of dance, include the waltz, rumba, tango, cha cha and samba to a variety of music.