YWCA Mohawk Valley celebrates local women
YWCA Mohawk Valley has announced this year’s eight honorees for the 29th Salute to Outstanding Women Awards.
Nominated in the following categories are:
- Anita Brown, Business and Industry;
- Franca Armstrong, Education;
- Amy Lukacz, Healthcare;
- Alicia Dicks, Human and Public Service;
- Nora Bielejec Staring, Professions;
- Rasha Hakeem Mohamed, Social Justice;
- Mary Hayes Gordon, STEAM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Arts, Math); and,
- Joanne Donaruma-Wade, Unsung Heroine.
YWCA Mohawk Valley will honor these local women at the 2017 Salute to Outstanding Women Awards luncheon, at noon on Thursday, April 6, Hart’s Hill Inn, Whitesboro.
The Salute ceremony honors women who live or work in Oneida and Herkimer counties, and who have demonstrated excellence and leadership in their career paths and communities.
Salute to Outstanding Women, an event which began in 1988, shines a light on women’s achievements in the Mohawk Valley community and serves as YWCA Mohawk Valley’s biggest fundraiser.
Proceeds from Salute help to support critical YWCA programs, including domestic and sexual violence crisis services, emergency shelters, transitional housing, and violence prevention education.
The event drew nearly 450 area professionals last year.
There are still sponsorship opportunities available by contacting Eva or the Development department, firstname.lastname@example.org or 315-732-2159, ext. 238.
To learn more about the event, check ywcamv.org for updates and information.
YWCA Mohawk Valley is on a mission to eliminate racism, empower women, stand up for social justice, help families, and strengthen our community. YWCA Mohawk Valley is part of an international movement serving more than two million people in the United States and more than 25 million worldwide.
For information on YWCA Mohawk Valley programs and services, visit www.ywcamv.org.
Jesus paid it all: What do we owe him?
Foothills Rural Community Ministry schedules annual meeting
Roast pork dinner January 28
Dinner dance aids camping ministry, community outreach
- 4:00pm 01/20/18Foothills Rural Community Ministry schedules annual meeting
- 4:00pm 01/20/18Roast pork dinner January 28
- 4:00pm 01/20/18Dinner dance aids camping ministry, community outreach
- 4:00pm 01/20/18Jesus paid it all: What do we owe him?
- 4:00pm 01/13/18String Bee performs Jan. 20
- 4:00pm 01/13/18Women’s group meets Tuesday
- 4:00pm 01/13/18What it means to celebrate the ‘year of the family’
- 4:00pm 01/06/18MLK celebration set for Jan. 14
- 4:00pm 01/06/18Westernville Presbyterian Church to celebrate 200th anniversary
- 4:00pm 01/06/18Foothills Rural Community Ministry sets January hours