YWCA Mohawk Valley celebrates local women
YWCA Mohawk Valley has announced this year’s eight honorees for the 29th Salute to Outstanding Women Awards.
Nominated in the following categories are:
- Anita Brown, Business and Industry;
- Franca Armstrong, Education;
- Amy Lukacz, Healthcare;
- Alicia Dicks, Human and Public Service;
- Nora Bielejec Staring, Professions;
- Rasha Hakeem Mohamed, Social Justice;
- Mary Hayes Gordon, STEAM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Arts, Math); and,
- Joanne Donaruma-Wade, Unsung Heroine.
YWCA Mohawk Valley will honor these local women at the 2017 Salute to Outstanding Women Awards luncheon, at noon on Thursday, April 6, Hart’s Hill Inn, Whitesboro.
The Salute ceremony honors women who live or work in Oneida and Herkimer counties, and who have demonstrated excellence and leadership in their career paths and communities.
Salute to Outstanding Women, an event which began in 1988, shines a light on women’s achievements in the Mohawk Valley community and serves as YWCA Mohawk Valley’s biggest fundraiser.
Proceeds from Salute help to support critical YWCA programs, including domestic and sexual violence crisis services, emergency shelters, transitional housing, and violence prevention education.
The event drew nearly 450 area professionals last year.
There are still sponsorship opportunities available by contacting Eva or the Development department, email@example.com or 315-732-2159, ext. 238.
To learn more about the event, check ywcamv.org for updates and information.
YWCA Mohawk Valley is on a mission to eliminate racism, empower women, stand up for social justice, help families, and strengthen our community. YWCA Mohawk Valley is part of an international movement serving more than two million people in the United States and more than 25 million worldwide.
For information on YWCA Mohawk Valley programs and services, visit www.ywcamv.org.
Radiation Oncologist Michael Fallon joins staff at RMH Radiation Medicine
Physical therapy professor honored
Sign-up for Kundalini Yoga & Meditation at View
Improved care coordination services available for those with disabilities
- 4:00pm 07/14/18I have competed well
- 4:00pm 07/14/18The Puffers perform Sunday
- 4:00pm 07/14/18Women gather Tuesday
- 4:00pm 07/10/18Constableville church to host Vacation Bible school
- 4:00pm 07/07/18Do not run from the fight — you are strong in The Lord
- 4:00pm 07/07/18AREA CHURCH SERVICES
- 4:00pm 07/07/18Harp & Harmony concert Sunday
- 4:00pm 07/07/18Free B Sharp concert July 10
- 4:00pm 07/07/18Stittville social, concert July 10
- 4:00pm 07/07/18Chicken BBQ served July 14