YWCA announces Community Reach Out event March 20
In support of the New York State 2018 Women’s Opportunity Agenda, the YWCA Mohawk Valley Public Policy Committee will host this year’s second Community Reach Out at noon Tuesday, March 20.
The Tuesday event will be held at YWCA MV’s main offices at 7 Rutger Park, Utica, in consideration of supporters who could not attend the March 15 evening event. Refreshments will be provided.
“These Community Reach Out events unite Mohawk Valley residents who believe women’s rights and empowerment are a priority,” said Kari Procopio, YWCA MV chief advancement officer. “Our postcard campaigns urge state representatives to protect these rights by supporting the Women’s Opportunity Agenda included in this year’s state budget.”
The campaign endorses the implementation of the Women’s Agenda and YWCA MV is prioritizing four specific initiatives: removal of firearms from convicted domestic violence abusers; better definition and criminalization of acts of sextortion; educating youth about healthy relationships; and extending the storage period for evidence collected during rape exams following a sexual assault.
For more information on YWCA MV programs and services, visit ywcamv.org.
Spektral Quartet to perform at Hamilton College April 21
MWPAI Concerts in the Court Hosts Tribute to Jazz Legend
Out After Midnite presents Estonian fantasy
Dark comedy ‘Death of Stalin’ on Cinema screen
- 4:00pm 04/14/18Chamber music concert April 21 at First Presbyterian Church
- 4:00pm 04/14/18Mark Hoffmann brings swing music to Trinity Community Coffee House
- 4:00pm 04/14/18Spring bag sale in Lee Center
- 4:00pm 04/14/18‘God, etc.’ series starts Monday
- 4:00pm 04/14/18Red hat themed brunch Tuesday
- 4:00pm 04/14/18Veterans program Tuesday in Oneida
- 4:00pm 04/14/18Spring luncheon Thursday
- 4:00pm 04/14/18Lee Center church hosts dinner
- 4:00pm 04/14/18Importance of one lost sheep
- 4:00pm 04/07/18Church welcomes new minister