YWCA announces Community Reach Out event March 20
In support of the New York State 2018 Women’s Opportunity Agenda, the YWCA Mohawk Valley Public Policy Committee will host this year’s second Community Reach Out at noon Tuesday, March 20.
The Tuesday event will be held at YWCA MV’s main offices at 7 Rutger Park, Utica, in consideration of supporters who could not attend the March 15 evening event. Refreshments will be provided.
“These Community Reach Out events unite Mohawk Valley residents who believe women’s rights and empowerment are a priority,” said Kari Procopio, YWCA MV chief advancement officer. “Our postcard campaigns urge state representatives to protect these rights by supporting the Women’s Opportunity Agenda included in this year’s state budget.”
The campaign endorses the implementation of the Women’s Agenda and YWCA MV is prioritizing four specific initiatives: removal of firearms from convicted domestic violence abusers; better definition and criminalization of acts of sextortion; educating youth about healthy relationships; and extending the storage period for evidence collected during rape exams following a sexual assault.
For more information on YWCA MV programs and services, visit ywcamv.org.
New York Mills priest completes three year labor of love
Free Floyd concert series features Fulton Chain Gang
Mohawk Valley Unitarian churches gather July 29
Big Moose Community Chapel announces annual events
- 4:00pm 07/21/18New York Mills priest completes three year labor of love
- 4:00pm 07/21/18Mohawk Valley Unitarian churches gather July 29
- 4:00pm 07/21/18Big Moose Community Chapel announces annual events
- 4:00pm 07/21/18Will you take up the mantle?
- 4:00pm 07/21/18Muster Day meal Friday at 4:30 p.m.
- 4:00pm 07/14/18I have competed well
- 4:00pm 07/14/18The Puffers perform Sunday
- 4:00pm 07/14/18Women gather Tuesday
- 4:00pm 07/10/18Constableville church to host Vacation Bible school
- 4:00pm 07/07/18Do not run from the fight — you are strong in The Lord