A BIRD ON THE HAND — Utica Zoo docent Hank Bamberger holds Tyerion the Merlin during the zoo’s annual Earth Day event. The zoo will be holding a class next month for people interested in becoming a volunteer. (Photo submitted)
Utica Zoo has volunteer post for you
Utica Zoo is looking for individuals to join its team of docents in 2018.
A zoo docent is a volunteer, teacher or guide who is committed to educating the public about the environment, wildlife, conservation and the Utica Zoo.
Docents assist with education classes both on and off zoo grounds, promote the venue’s mission by acting as a zoo ambassador, educate zoo visitors on conservation topics, lead guided educational tours, and help during events and participate in animal enrichment activities.
Anyone interested in becoming a docent must be at least 18 years of age and complete the training course. The course covers information that zoo docents are required to know. Attendance at each class is required.
The course’s schedule:
- Day 1 — 10 a.m.-1 p.m., Saturday, March 3.
- Day 2 — 10 a.m.-1 p.m., Saturday, March 10.
Registration is required, with a March 1 deadline.
To sign up, call 315-738-0472, ext. 34, or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. The fee is $25, $20 for members.
The fee covers materials for docents, a docent T-shirt, a name badge and the first year’s docent dues.
Docents are asked to pay an annual $10 fee that is used for things such as enrichment items, docent trips and picnics.
Commonality in shared faith
‘Colors of Grace’ Cantata Sunday
Waterbury Memorial Presbyterian Church lists special services
Fashionable spring topic of luncheon
- 4:00pm 03/17/18Commonality in shared faith
- 4:00pm 03/17/18‘Colors of Grace’ Cantata Sunday
- 4:00pm 03/17/18Waterbury Memorial Presbyterian Church lists special services
- 4:00pm 03/17/18Fashionable spring topic of luncheon
- 4:00pm 03/17/18Gospel Services start Tuesday
- 4:00pm 03/17/18Verona church offers free meal
- 4:00pm 03/17/18Women’s club meets Thursday
- 4:00pm 03/17/18Church offers Palm Sunday meal
- 4:00pm 03/10/18The cross, a Lenten sign of God’s love
- 4:00pm 03/10/18Community prayer vigil Tuesday in Canastota