Trenton Falls trails open for gorgeous views this weekend
TRENTON — Trenton Falls Scenic Trails will be open from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Saturday and Sunday. Parking and admission are free. No pets are allowed.
This is the final weekend the trails will be open this year.
Besides the walking trails, there also is a handicapped-accessible overlook that allows a view of upper high falls. Families with handicapped members can ask at the gate and drive up to the overlook.
“Brookfield Renewable Power and the town of Trenton developed the Trenton Falls Scenic Trail to offer the public an opportunity to experience local history while enjoying splendors of nature that are rare in beauty and power,” the town’s website states.
There is a primary trail with stone dust along with secondary trails of wood mulch that allow side trips to scenic vistas along the gorge. There are picnic tables and food will be on sale by the Stittville United Methodist Church.
Visitors can either head south from Barneveld or north from Mapledale to Route 28, take that east to the first turn and turn left, north on Trenton Falls Road. At the end of the road there is parking with trail access next to the hydroelectric plant on the west side of West Canada Creek.
For more information, call the town, (315) 896-2664, from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. weekdays
On the net: town.trenton.ny.us/content/Parks/View/4.
Herkimer Home opens Saturday
View offers ceramics workshop June 2
Unity Hall hosts author Chuck D’Imperio May 30
Rome Art Association holds spring show in Old Forge
- 4:00pm 05/19/18Local ministry seeks to spread message of love to community
- 4:00pm 05/19/18Donation to Rome Rescue Mission
- 4:00pm 05/19/18Women’s Day service Sunday
- 4:00pm 05/19/18Women’s club meets May 22
- 4:00pm 05/19/18‘Beauty Secrets’ theme for meeting
- 4:00pm 05/19/18Church offers free meal May 26
- 4:00pm 05/19/18First Baptist hosts basement sale
- 4:00pm 05/19/18Importance of spring cleaning
- 4:00pm 05/16/18Butterfly tea event Saturday
- 4:00pm 05/12/18Strength of a mother’s love