Trenton Falls trails open for gorgeous views this weekend
TRENTON — Trenton Falls Scenic Trails will be open from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Saturday and Sunday. Parking and admission are free. No pets are allowed.
This is the final weekend the trails will be open this year.
Besides the walking trails, there also is a handicapped-accessible overlook that allows a view of upper high falls. Families with handicapped members can ask at the gate and drive up to the overlook.
“Brookfield Renewable Power and the town of Trenton developed the Trenton Falls Scenic Trail to offer the public an opportunity to experience local history while enjoying splendors of nature that are rare in beauty and power,” the town’s website states.
There is a primary trail with stone dust along with secondary trails of wood mulch that allow side trips to scenic vistas along the gorge. There are picnic tables and food will be on sale by the Stittville United Methodist Church.
Visitors can either head south from Barneveld or north from Mapledale to Route 28, take that east to the first turn and turn left, north on Trenton Falls Road. At the end of the road there is parking with trail access next to the hydroelectric plant on the west side of West Canada Creek.
For more information, call the town, (315) 896-2664, from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. weekdays
On the net: town.trenton.ny.us/content/Parks/View/4.
French drama highlights dances by acclaimed choreographer
Country singer to perform at MVCC
NY awarded $3.5 million suicide prevention grant
- 4:00pm 09/16/17Turkey dinner in Westernville benefits mission projects
- 4:00pm 09/16/17Chicken and biscuits served in Westmoreland Thursday
- 4:00pm 09/16/17Bake and bag sales in Floyd
- 4:00pm 09/16/17Church offers blood donation opportunity
- 4:00pm 09/16/17Women’s bible study Tuesday
- 4:00pm 09/16/17Last service of season in Sylvan Beach Sunday
- 4:00pm 09/16/17Durhamville Baptist Church collects school supplies
- 4:00pm 09/16/17The sovereignty of God
- 4:00pm 09/09/17Turkey served in Lee Sept. 16
- 4:00pm 09/09/17Taste of Heaven event Monday