Trenton Falls trails open for gorgeous views this weekend
TRENTON — Trenton Falls Scenic Trails will be open from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Saturday and Sunday. Parking and admission are free. No pets are allowed.
This is the final weekend the trails will be open this year.
Besides the walking trails, there also is a handicapped-accessible overlook that allows a view of upper high falls. Families with handicapped members can ask at the gate and drive up to the overlook.
“Brookfield Renewable Power and the town of Trenton developed the Trenton Falls Scenic Trail to offer the public an opportunity to experience local history while enjoying splendors of nature that are rare in beauty and power,” the town’s website states.
There is a primary trail with stone dust along with secondary trails of wood mulch that allow side trips to scenic vistas along the gorge. There are picnic tables and food will be on sale by the Stittville United Methodist Church.
Visitors can either head south from Barneveld or north from Mapledale to Route 28, take that east to the first turn and turn left, north on Trenton Falls Road. At the end of the road there is parking with trail access next to the hydroelectric plant on the west side of West Canada Creek.
For more information, call the town, (315) 896-2664, from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. weekdays
On the net: town.trenton.ny.us/content/Parks/View/4.
Embrace righteous life in receipt of God’s grace
Church gathers gifts for Operation Christmas Child
Rome pastors offer joint service Sunday
Thanksgiving bake sale Tuesday
- 4:00pm 11/18/17Embrace righteous life in receipt of God’s grace
- 4:00pm 11/18/17Church gathers gifts for Operation Christmas Child
- 4:00pm 11/18/17Rome pastors offer joint service Sunday
- 4:00pm 11/18/17Thanksgiving bake sale Tuesday
- 4:00pm 11/18/17Holiday service in Whitesboro Wednesday
- 4:00pm 11/18/17Gathering Thanksgiving Eve at St. John’s
- 4:00pm 11/18/17Christmas at the Corner Friday
- 4:00pm 11/11/17Me too: Healing and hope through Jesus
- 4:00pm 11/11/17Joe Davoli, Harvey Nusbaum perform Nov. 18
- 4:00pm 11/11/17Thanksgiving concert in Sherrill to aid food pantry