Tenney to make re-elect announcement March 3
It comes as no surprise, but Republican Congresswoman Claudia L. Tenney will formally announce next week she is seeking a second term in the 22nd District.
She will launch her bid at an event March 3 from 2 to 4 p.m. at her campaign headquarters in Plaza 5, 8469 Seneca Turnpike, Suite 105, New Hartford. There will be a similar rally March 4 from 2 to 4 p.m. at the Holiday Inn in Binghamton.
Tenney was first elected in 2016, winning with 46.5 percent of the vote in a three-way race. Her nearest opponent finished with 41 percent of the votes. There was no incumbent on the ballot. Prior to that, the New Hartford resident served three terms in the state Assembly. Democratic Assemblyman Anthony J. Brindisi, 119-Utica, announced last June he was going to run for Tenney’s seat this fall.
The two campaigns have been sending out news releases criticizing the other side for months.
Brindisi started 2018 with more cash on hand than Tenney, $581,000 to $563,000.
The 22nd District covers all of Oneida, Madison, Chenango and Cortland counties and parts of Broome, Herkimer, Oswego and Tioga counties. The Cook Political Report recently changed its prediction for the campaign between Brindisi and Tenney from “Lean Republican” to “Toss Up.” By enrollment, there are more registered Republicans than Democrats in the 22nd.
Glass art classes start this week at View
Oneida Community Mansion House offers free admission Saturday
‘A People’s History of Utica’ Sept. 26
‘Books and Bordeaux’ event Friday
- 11:28am 09/18/18AREA CHURCH SERVICES
- 4:00pm 09/15/18Fall, football, and the armor of God
- 4:00pm 09/15/18Delta Lake Christian Music Fest Sept. 22
- 4:00pm 09/15/18Harvest Fair lunch Tuesday
- 4:00pm 09/15/18Bible study starts Sept. 19 in Rome
- 4:00pm 09/15/18Community center hosts carnival
- 4:00pm 09/15/18Rummage, bake sales Thursday
- 4:00pm 09/15/18Brunch Thursday in Canastota
- 4:00pm 09/15/18Music and ministry program Sept. 29
- 4:00pm 09/15/18Franciscans host discussion group