Tenney seeks Lab fence funding
Funding of $14.2 million for a perimeter fence for the Rome Air Force Research Laboratory, plus an amendment allowing veterans and military retirees to use military fitness facilities such as at Griffiss park, are being sought by U.S. Rep. Claudia Tenney in a final defense bill.
Tenney, R-22, New Hartford, said Wednesday she is requesting that those provisions be included in the final National Defense Authorization Act (NDAA) conference report that is presented to both the House of Representatives and Senate before being signed by President Donald Trump. The provisions were part of the House version of the NDAA.
“The amendments and funding I secured in the House NDAA are of vital importance to the 22nd District, most notably Rome Lab and veterans in our region. That’s why I’m calling for the inclusion of the provisions...in the final conference report,” said Tenney.
“My amendment gives the secretaries of the respective military branches the ability to open the doors to fitness facilities, including the Colosseum Gym in Rome, to our veterans once again,” the congresswoman added.
“Additionally, I am requesting that the $14.2 million for the perimeter fence at Rome Lab, which increases the safety of the lab’s...personnel and reduces the facility’s susceptibility to terrorist activities, is retained in the final conference report.”
Tenney’s request was outlined in a letter to Armed Services Committee leaders for the House and Senate.
Making the tough calls
Pre-order today for bake sale Tuesday
All Denominations service Nov. 20
Holiday mass, dinner Tuesday
- 4:00pm 11/17/18Making the tough calls
- 4:00pm 11/17/18Pre-order today for bake sale Tuesday
- 4:00pm 11/17/18All Denominations service Nov. 20
- 4:00pm 11/17/18Holiday mass, dinner Tuesday
- 4:00pm 11/17/18Christmas at the Corner Nov. 23
- 4:00pm 11/17/18Church offers free meal Saturday
- 4:00pm 11/17/18Holiday Bazaar Dec. 1 in Verona
- 4:00pm 11/17/18Thanksgiving service in Clinton
- 4:00pm 11/10/18The Clothing Closet seeks donations
- 4:00pm 11/10/18Local collection sites announced for Operation Christmas Child