Tenney seeks Lab fence funding
Funding of $14.2 million for a perimeter fence for the Rome Air Force Research Laboratory, plus an amendment allowing veterans and military retirees to use military fitness facilities such as at Griffiss park, are being sought by U.S. Rep. Claudia Tenney in a final defense bill.
Tenney, R-22, New Hartford, said Wednesday she is requesting that those provisions be included in the final National Defense Authorization Act (NDAA) conference report that is presented to both the House of Representatives and Senate before being signed by President Donald Trump. The provisions were part of the House version of the NDAA.
“The amendments and funding I secured in the House NDAA are of vital importance to the 22nd District, most notably Rome Lab and veterans in our region. That’s why I’m calling for the inclusion of the provisions...in the final conference report,” said Tenney.
“My amendment gives the secretaries of the respective military branches the ability to open the doors to fitness facilities, including the Colosseum Gym in Rome, to our veterans once again,” the congresswoman added.
“Additionally, I am requesting that the $14.2 million for the perimeter fence at Rome Lab, which increases the safety of the lab’s...personnel and reduces the facility’s susceptibility to terrorist activities, is retained in the final conference report.”
Tenney’s request was outlined in a letter to Armed Services Committee leaders for the House and Senate.
MVCC to present Emmy Award winning actor ‘One Love: An Evening with John Leguizamo’ Sept. 29
4-H Youth Participate in Vernon Downs Track Tour
Fall planting class Tuesday
Sign-up for October Food $en$e
- 11:28am 09/18/18AREA CHURCH SERVICES
- 4:00pm 09/15/18Fall, football, and the armor of God
- 4:00pm 09/15/18Delta Lake Christian Music Fest Sept. 22
- 4:00pm 09/15/18Harvest Fair lunch Tuesday
- 4:00pm 09/15/18Bible study starts Sept. 19 in Rome
- 4:00pm 09/15/18Community center hosts carnival
- 4:00pm 09/15/18Rummage, bake sales Thursday
- 4:00pm 09/15/18Brunch Thursday in Canastota
- 4:00pm 09/15/18Music and ministry program Sept. 29
- 4:00pm 09/15/18Franciscans host discussion group