Tenney backs measure for startups
Rep. Claudia L. Tenney, R-22, New Hartford, voted Tuesday for a measure to help startup companies access early capital.
The Helping Angels Lead Our Startups Act passed in the House of Representatives by a 344-73 margin.
The legislation removes a regulatory burden that requires angel investors to complete certain paperwork before attending showcase events that are intended to introduce entrepreneurs and investors.
“The HALOS Act works to cut red tape and roll back burdensome regulations, giving entrepreneurs looking to start or grow a business the chance to easily connect with investors,” said Tenney.
“This important piece of legislation will help support our business community in the 22nd district by rolling back Washington’s excessive regulations, giving startup businesses easier access to capital and credit,” the freshman representative added.
She added, “True economic growth begins by cutting costly regulations and allowing small businesses to flourish.”
Fiddlers Association concert Sunday
Summer Showcase auditions June 26, 27 at Players of Utica
Donations accepted Friday at ‘Big Combo’ showing
‘Apparition Hill’ about life and what comes after
- 4:00pm 06/21/17Theaters of Rome program Friday at First Prebyterian
- 4:00pm 06/17/17Women’s group gathers Thursday
- 4:00pm 06/17/17What Jesus offers us — incredible food for the journey
- 4:00pm 06/10/17Sylvan Beach Union Chapel starts 130th season June 18
- 4:00pm 06/10/17Father’s Day BBQ in Blossvale
- 4:00pm 06/10/17Unitarian Church pilgrimage June 18
- 4:00pm 06/10/17Strawberry Festival in Sherrill June 17
- 4:00pm 06/10/17‘The Shack’ screens in Vernon Tuesday
- 4:00pm 06/10/17Guest speakers mark anniversary
- 4:00pm 06/10/17Chicken dinner Sunday in Clark Mills