Tenney backs measure for startups
Rep. Claudia L. Tenney, R-22, New Hartford, voted Tuesday for a measure to help startup companies access early capital.
The Helping Angels Lead Our Startups Act passed in the House of Representatives by a 344-73 margin.
The legislation removes a regulatory burden that requires angel investors to complete certain paperwork before attending showcase events that are intended to introduce entrepreneurs and investors.
“The HALOS Act works to cut red tape and roll back burdensome regulations, giving entrepreneurs looking to start or grow a business the chance to easily connect with investors,” said Tenney.
“This important piece of legislation will help support our business community in the 22nd district by rolling back Washington’s excessive regulations, giving startup businesses easier access to capital and credit,” the freshman representative added.
She added, “True economic growth begins by cutting costly regulations and allowing small businesses to flourish.”
Embrace righteous life in receipt of God’s grace
Church gathers gifts for Operation Christmas Child
Rome pastors offer joint service Sunday
Thanksgiving bake sale Tuesday
- 4:00pm 11/18/17Embrace righteous life in receipt of God’s grace
- 4:00pm 11/18/17Church gathers gifts for Operation Christmas Child
- 4:00pm 11/18/17Rome pastors offer joint service Sunday
- 4:00pm 11/18/17Thanksgiving bake sale Tuesday
- 4:00pm 11/18/17Holiday service in Whitesboro Wednesday
- 4:00pm 11/18/17Gathering Thanksgiving Eve at St. John’s
- 4:00pm 11/18/17Christmas at the Corner Friday
- 4:00pm 11/11/17Me too: Healing and hope through Jesus
- 4:00pm 11/11/17Joe Davoli, Harvey Nusbaum perform Nov. 18
- 4:00pm 11/11/17Thanksgiving concert in Sherrill to aid food pantry