Tenney backs measure for startups
Rep. Claudia L. Tenney, R-22, New Hartford, voted Tuesday for a measure to help startup companies access early capital.
The Helping Angels Lead Our Startups Act passed in the House of Representatives by a 344-73 margin.
The legislation removes a regulatory burden that requires angel investors to complete certain paperwork before attending showcase events that are intended to introduce entrepreneurs and investors.
“The HALOS Act works to cut red tape and roll back burdensome regulations, giving entrepreneurs looking to start or grow a business the chance to easily connect with investors,” said Tenney.
“This important piece of legislation will help support our business community in the 22nd district by rolling back Washington’s excessive regulations, giving startup businesses easier access to capital and credit,” the freshman representative added.
She added, “True economic growth begins by cutting costly regulations and allowing small businesses to flourish.”
Spring Gymanfa Ganu in Ilion
Free previews show Wednesday
Bible study on Holy Land
- 4:00pm 04/29/17Spring Gymanfa Ganu in Ilion
- 4:00pm 04/29/17Salvation
- 4:00pm 04/29/17Bible study on Holy Land
- 4:00pm 04/29/17Christian women meet Wednesday
- 4:00pm 04/29/17Day of prayer breakfast Thursday
- 4:00pm 04/29/17Dinner, concert in Wesleyan Church
- 4:00pm 04/29/17Unity in Community Day May 6 with imam speaking
- 4:00pm 04/29/17Grow among winners of Women of Worship award
- 4:00pm 04/29/17Delta, Verona churches get new pastor July 1
- 4:00pm 04/22/17About 40 attend Sonrise service at Pinti Field