Tenney backs measure for startups
Rep. Claudia L. Tenney, R-22, New Hartford, voted Tuesday for a measure to help startup companies access early capital.
The Helping Angels Lead Our Startups Act passed in the House of Representatives by a 344-73 margin.
The legislation removes a regulatory burden that requires angel investors to complete certain paperwork before attending showcase events that are intended to introduce entrepreneurs and investors.
“The HALOS Act works to cut red tape and roll back burdensome regulations, giving entrepreneurs looking to start or grow a business the chance to easily connect with investors,” said Tenney.
“This important piece of legislation will help support our business community in the 22nd district by rolling back Washington’s excessive regulations, giving startup businesses easier access to capital and credit,” the freshman representative added.
She added, “True economic growth begins by cutting costly regulations and allowing small businesses to flourish.”
Balsam Pillow sewing bee July 29
Mount Calvary Vacation Bible School starts Monday
75th Strawberry Shortcake Social adds raffle
AREA CHURCH SERVICES
- 4:00pm 07/22/17Mount Calvary Vacation Bible School starts Monday
- 4:00pm 07/22/1775th Strawberry Shortcake Social adds raffle
- 4:00pm 07/22/17AREA CHURCH SERVICES
- 4:00pm 07/22/17Free dinner, music on green due in Verona Thursday
- 4:00pm 07/22/17Muster Day meal Friday in First Baptist Church
- 4:00pm 07/22/17Foothills seeks school supplies
- 4:00pm 07/22/17‘God is incomprehensible’
- 4:00pm 07/22/17Balsam Pillow sewing bee July 29
- 4:00pm 07/15/17Vienna serves chicken and biscuits
- 4:00pm 07/15/17Women’s luncheon Tuesday