Tenney backs Jerusalem recognition
Congresswoman Claudia L. Tenney supports President Donald Trump’s decision to formally recognize Jerusalem as the capital of Israel and to relocate the U.S. Embassy there.
“President Trump’s declaration officially recognizing Jerusalem as the capital of Israel and decision to move the United States embassy to Jerusalem is an important step forward in recognizing the sovereignty and undeniable legitimacy of our closest ally in the region,” said Tenney, R-22, New Hartford. “It is a clear statement that the United States and our allies will not be ruled by political threats and violent terror.”
“I have determined that it is time to officially recognize Jerusalem as the capital of Israel,” Trump said in his speech on Wednesday. Like presidents before him, Trump expressed his support for Israel during his 2016 presidential campaign and said the embassy should be moved to “the eternal capital for the Jewish people, Jerusalem.” The embassy is now in Tel Aviv.
“Moving the embassy of the United States to Jerusalem is simply put, the right thing to do,” said Tenney. “Just as Israel’s embassy to the United States is in our capital, so too should our embassy be located in theirs.
“In 1995, Congress passed the Jerusalem Embassy Act by an overwhelming, bipartisan vote. This legislation states that the United States embassy in Israel should be established in Jerusalem. Over 20 years later, today President Trump showed bold leadership on this vital issue.”
Several Muslim groups and nations have expressed concern over the possible recognition.
Fleeting time — The half dimension
Clinton Symphony Orchestra presents West Side Story with Charles Schneider July 1
Church offers home-cooked meal
Catholic Daughters aid hospital's Maternity Ward
- 4:00pm 06/23/18Clinton Symphony Orchestra presents West Side Story with Charles Schneider July 1
- 4:00pm 06/23/18Church offers home-cooked meal
- 4:00pm 06/23/18Fleeting time — The half dimension
- 4:00pm 06/16/18Bartlett Baptist marks 200 years, pastor’s retirement
- 4:00pm 06/16/18Small acts can help grow Kingdom of God
- 4:00pm 06/16/18Women meet for brunch Thursday
- 4:00pm 06/16/18Heart Touching Tour stops in Oriskany Sunday
- 4:00pm 06/16/18Club hosts author Elaine Miller
- 4:00pm 06/09/18God calls on us to embrace our capabilities
- 4:00pm 06/09/18Magic show, potluck Sunday