Tenney backs Jerusalem recognition
Congresswoman Claudia L. Tenney supports President Donald Trump’s decision to formally recognize Jerusalem as the capital of Israel and to relocate the U.S. Embassy there.
“President Trump’s declaration officially recognizing Jerusalem as the capital of Israel and decision to move the United States embassy to Jerusalem is an important step forward in recognizing the sovereignty and undeniable legitimacy of our closest ally in the region,” said Tenney, R-22, New Hartford. “It is a clear statement that the United States and our allies will not be ruled by political threats and violent terror.”
“I have determined that it is time to officially recognize Jerusalem as the capital of Israel,” Trump said in his speech on Wednesday. Like presidents before him, Trump expressed his support for Israel during his 2016 presidential campaign and said the embassy should be moved to “the eternal capital for the Jewish people, Jerusalem.” The embassy is now in Tel Aviv.
“Moving the embassy of the United States to Jerusalem is simply put, the right thing to do,” said Tenney. “Just as Israel’s embassy to the United States is in our capital, so too should our embassy be located in theirs.
“In 1995, Congress passed the Jerusalem Embassy Act by an overwhelming, bipartisan vote. This legislation states that the United States embassy in Israel should be established in Jerusalem. Over 20 years later, today President Trump showed bold leadership on this vital issue.”
Several Muslim groups and nations have expressed concern over the possible recognition.
Easter Bunny helps Lainey’s Army March 24
Sign-up for April Food $en$e March 23
Drama depicts actress in her later years
Dakota Fanning stars in ‘Please Stand By’
- 4:00pm 03/10/18The cross, a Lenten sign of God’s love
- 4:00pm 03/10/18Community prayer vigil Tuesday in Canastota
- 4:00pm 03/10/18Irish dinner served tonight in Verona
- 4:00pm 03/10/18Program for Eva Griffin March 11
- 4:00pm 03/03/18New York Adult & Teen Challenge set for Sunday
- 4:00pm 03/03/18Church serves ham, scalloped potatoes
- 4:00pm 03/03/18The McCarthys to perform at Trinity Community Coffeehouse
- 4:00pm 03/03/18Foothills Rural Community Ministry sets hours for March
- 4:00pm 03/03/18Slay your giant in your personal life
- 4:00pm 02/24/18Forgiveness service Sunday